Ratings for Dr. Douglas C. Harrington

I have been seeing Dr. Harrington for 15 years. If it wasn't for him I would have been left unable to have a second child. I developed a nasty infection after the birth of my son. I went to the emergency room as no doctor's office was open. Dr. Harrington was in the hospital that night, he came down to emergency told me what was wrong with me, what was going to be done to treat my infection, & he told me not to worry he'd make sure I was going to be ok. The only time he was ever close to being rude toe was when I neglected to get treatment for an ovarian cyst (it burst before I sought treatment )

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I lefty appointment crying because I could not believe how rude he was to me. He made me feel stupid and literally rolled his eyes at me for choosing not to take birth control. Well, having no choice in the matter I left with boxes of birth control and had to ask the nurse if I was finished because he just walked away. I couldn't believe the way he talked to me, especially after already crying from having to explain the sexual abuse I encountered. I'm switching doctors!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

Dr. Harrington is one of the best doctors in the Pekin area. He answers all questions with great detail and does not sugar coat things which in my opinion a doctor shouldn't sugar coat things. He is friendly and funny! I have gone to him with both of my pregnancies. Also his entire staff is very helpful and I would and do reccomend Dr Harrington to all pregnant people!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Harrington for 5 years, and he has always taken the time to answer all my questions. I am currently seeing him for my first pregnancy, and he has been wonderful. I trust him implicitly. He also has a great, helpful staff.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He was extremely condescending and short with me. He did not listen to a single word I said and rushed through the exam, assuring me that he essentially knew my body better than I did, and I had to pay him for every second of it. He treated me like an inconvenience, and I'm assuming that it was because my appointment was scheduled half an hour before he typically leaves the office. He was not helpful, friendly or understanding. No one deserves that.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

He is extremely impatient and unprofessional. He literally stood at the door with the door open yelling at me for no reason. I left in tears. Beware.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

This guy is arrogant, cocky and sure he is never wrong. He uses his power as a doctor to spite this patient. He delivered my first and only because I went into labor when he was on call over a holiday weekend. He was my absolute last choice in his practice I wanted delivering my children.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

When I was pregnant, I saw him for about two visits while his partner was out of town on vacation. I thought he was great, he was concerned about one of my tests and he had me come back in the next day to do a more thorough testing which all turned out ok anyways.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Have used this Dr. for over 20 years. Love him. Very honest and to the point, does not pull any punches with you, so you know exactly what is going on. He definately knows his stuff & willing to work with patients to give best treatment to all. I have never been rushed, and felt that he took the time to answer all my questions. I am now taking my 15 year old to him as well. Due to deliveries, there have been some wait times that were longer than I would like, but that is typical in an OB office. He has some great nurses as well---love Maggie. Wish they would implement a system to call patients when he is running behind and give them a heads up, but all Drs. could also implement this and make patients happier.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

There are few things more humiliating than being talked down too while in a gynecological exam. This doctor was rude, condescending and when I complained to his staff, he told me I would not be welcomed back as a patient. I do not recommend this doctor to any woman who does not subscribe to the "doctor knows best" theory of gynecology, where a male doctor acts like he knows your body and your options better than you do.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

Dr. Douglas C. Harrington's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Pekin, IL