Ratings for Dr. Gary Tullis

Poor bedside manner - my father went to see him and when this doctor asked him how his psoriasis began, my dad starts to explain it to himself and seconds later cuts him off and says 'we are just wasting time listening to this, just take off your shirt'. Imagine the shock on my fathers part who is 70 years old and just trying to answer this doctors question! Do not waste your time here. This is not a jaded write up, this is a real life experience with a subpar specialist.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I had very good experience with Dr. Tullis. He did cryo /chem treatment on me. Doctor was very professional. I will recommend this doctor. Answered all my questions and provided recommendations.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I squeezed a pimple on my chest when I was 16 which left a large keloid-scar. At 25 I had been suffering not only from it looking ugly (I'd never wear anything that would reveal my chest) but also a piercing pain from inside the scar, as if the pimple below was still alive ten years later. Had paid hundreds of dollars to a crappy dermatologist in Montreal who injected kortison and sold me expensive scarring-band aids that didn't work. Scar came back and/or never disappeared fully. Went to Dr. Tullis upon moving to Burnaby and after having read a blogpost of a girl with a similar issue I suggested we'd try double the dose of cortisone in the injection. Tullis listened and did this. Two visits and my scar started to quickly become less irritated and red. Whatever was under it died and I had no more pain. 3 years later you can't even tell I had a keloid scar there! I can wear whatever I want and have my self-confidence back. He is actually friendly but in that dry British way. Can't believe some of these reviews! I'm going back soon for some other skin issues.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Didn't help. Was rude. Went back still have the issue

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Gary Tullis. He is a very intelligent person and knows what he is doing! He is professional, punctual, and is considerate of others.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Disinterested,rude,poor bedside manner. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Doesn't even have a phone # on this site Pathetic

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

The worst doctor ever stay awa!!!!!!! Bedside manner is the worst he's pathetic he wants you out didn't really help me made things worse!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

The worst! I went in for several cysts to be removed on my scalp. One of which he couldn't find and even doubted it's existence. I've lived with these for 10 years and know exactly how many and where they are located. He then just cut random tissue where he thought the cyst might be , to my hopes of him cutting in the right spot as my scalp was frozen. He sends me off after a hefty fee and a few days later I can feel the cyst is still there. I go back to dr. Tullis who doesn't listen and thinks I am back for stitch removal, which I had already had removed. After telling him the cyst is still there, he tells me to come back 3 weeks later. In the meantime, I develop quite the weeping staph infection boil that doesn't respond to draining and antibiotics. I go back to finally have the cyst removed ( over top of infection and scar tissue from the previous removal) and he opts to not do the procedure! I had to convince him that the cyst was still there, albeit ruptured because of him and causing never ending infection. He begrudgingly decides to operate and gives a few shots of anesthesia and begins the incision, which I could painfully feel! I told him I could feel it. He waits two seconds and begins the incision again! I was in a lot of pain and he calls the nurse, or maybe the receptionist in to bring him more anesthesia. He then leaves my head for probably 30 seconds and I can feel the blood gushing down the back of my head. Comes back and puts the anesthesia in and says there now you have double of what you would normally have for the pain in a condecending tone. He cuts out "something" he says and sutures me up. He offers to fill a prescription for antibiotics incase of further infection after I prompted him to do so. But he never did. Now I finally have my cysts all removed but am left with botched indents, bald spots and more scarring then I should have. Never EVER again!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I was nervous to meet this doctor after reviews I had read of him online. He wasn't so bad after all! He saw me quickly, on time (so rare with doctors) and spent at least 20 minutes talking to me about my skin issues. I could tell when I was giving him details about my skin his mind was starting to stray, so I would suggest trying to summarize your points and questions as efficiently as possible to get the best response from this doc, but this would be my only critique. He's straight forward and to the point.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016