Ratings for Dr. Timothy Szozda

Dr. Szozda has been my doctor for my entire life. If I could rate his staff, punctuality, helpfulness and knowledge at 0 I would. He has treated me with minor illnesses in the past as a child but as an adult he had failed in every respect. I have recently become ill after experiencing multiple traumatic events and he has been completely unable to assist me. I have been struggling with these health problems for nearly a year. He did suggest that I have Fibromyalgia and that is the only useful thing he has told me. During my first ever physical exam he had inappropriate remarks about my appearance and made a particularly disgusting comment during my pelvic exam. He prescribed me birth control that I did not need or want and denied that it was possible for me to have side effects from it. He has me on tetracycline for acne for almost 3 years and I now deal with chronic yeast infections because the bacterial balance in my digestive system is so messed up. He has seen me 3 times to treat these reoccurring yeast infections and he has yet to successfully treat them. He insists on swabbing me each time I go in which I think is extremely unnecessary considering I know that I have a yeast infection. He dismisses what I tell and I feel he discriminates against me due to my age. His staff are extremely unknowledgeable and rude. I have never gone into an appointment on time. I always show up 10 minutes early but am sometime left waiting for 20 or more. His wife works with him and she is just a silly and has made rude comments about my appearance as well, it's not like a walk around wearing anything offensive they just don't seem to like me. I can't figure it out. Whenever I am in there I never see anyone my age, always kids or older adults. I wonder if he treats all young females the way he treats me. I would really like to be able to ask someone. The description that another commenter wrote below is right on, he has no knowledge of mental health problems, I know that I have anxiety due to my past and he just does not recognize that. Like I mentioned earlier he suspects that I have Fibromyalgia but he has yet to take it seriously, I have been unable to work for almost a year and out of desperation I have recently gone to a Naturpath who actually listens to me and has treated me for my condition. Szozda has also frequently lied to me, I have asked him questions that I know the answers to just to see what he will say and he has straight up lied. I go home and google my question just to find out that he has lied to me. I can only speak from my experience but I would not recommend seeing him for any dermatological issue (he refused to give me a referral to a dermatologist) any reproductive issues (he has lied and minimized about the side effects and effectiveness of certain birth control methods), mental health issues and pain problems. I have had chronic pain now for almost a year, along with disturbed sleep and debilitating fatigue. He has refused to treat my fibromyalgia because I do not have health coverage (don't have coverage because I don't have a job because I am sick). Also he has given me hugs in the past at the end of my appointments (eww!). Every time I leave that I office I feel defeated. I will be looking for a new doctor soon.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I've been patient off Dr Szozda since he started he is the best doctor I moved to Niagara Falls and I kept him as my family doctor and as for the comment he pushes pills that he does not do takes the time to talk with you and figure things out. He's the best

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I have gone to Dr. Szozda for many years and have never had any complaints. You can tell he knows his stuff and truly cares for and listens to his patients. He is also very consistent and on top of things with his patients. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr Szozda has been my family doctor as well as my specialist because I am not sure what the specialist get paid for when they push everything back to the family doctor. Dr Szozda is the one that supports my illness and the specialists just confirm what Dr Szozda suspected. Dr Szozda takes his time with me to review everything thoroughly . I think a doctor that spends 30-40 with a patient shows he in not a pill pusher like the comment below. I have been with Dr. Szozda for 20 years now so I can assure you that he knows his stuff. He is always following up with me. I could not ask for a better doctor and I am very happy to say that Dr. Szozda is my doctor. My mother does not have Dr Szozda for a family doctor and even brags to other people about how good he is.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr. szozda is a pill pusher. If he can't find the problem he just prescribes another set of pills.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I would completely agree with the bellow review. Dr. Szozda has absolutely NO understanding of mental illness. However, he does not admit his incompetence in fact he takes it upon himself to attempt to make diagnoses which he has no grounds for. He also stigmatizes those who suffer from anxiety and makes dangerous assumptions. He believes every health complaint is "in your head" and or a "symptom of your anxiety." Has mis-diagnosed me and other members of my family on various occasions, but will get offended and rude if you try to question his "professional opinion." I think he is inexperienced and uneducated in the mental health field and is incapable of providing medical support to those who suffer from mental illness. I will be seeking a new doctor immediately as I think he is actually a danger to my health.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Fantastic Family Doctor! Very easy to talk to, takes the time to explain issues and almost always follows up!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

He has no understanding of any mental health issues.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Szozda has been my doctor since I was young (I am now in my 30's). He and his staff are absolutely wonderful. The staff are understanding and helpful and take the time to get to know you. Dr. Szozda is incredibly knowledgeable. He is also the type of doctor who does not always rush to push chemical medicines into your body (depending upon the problem, of course). He has always taken his time during appointments and welcomes any and all questions about proposed treatments. I have never felt rushed, even if the waiting room is full. He truly is a special doctor.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Amazing Doctor and Staff. Really CARE about their patients. Sometimes a bit late, because he takes the time to explain things and listen. Awesome

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011