Ratings for Dr. Terry O'Grady

Dr O'Grady performed my section and did fabulous work but her bedside manners before and after need work. After spending days being induced I was raw to say the least and being checked was quite painful. I understand they need to do their jobs, this Dr was brutally rough and very rude during my final check and tried to force her finger through my cervix even though after all the cervidil and cream was still shut and not dilated at all. She told me to be quite because I was screaming. During the operation I could feel her while checking my ovaries and she told me to be quiet and that I was making the pain up. I was managing to lift myself from the table in pain from the waist up, what does that tell you. Then that evening I was incredibly sick from the epidural she came to my bed and asked me why I wasn't getting out of bed. I couldn't respond or move I was so sick and having such a bad reaction but I could hear everything and barely manage a nod or a head shake. It was just horrible. The next morning she came back and got mad I had turned down pain medication about 2 hours after I had requested and received assistance. Like I said as a doctor she's fabulous. Her bed manner is atrocious.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

*Listen to your gut, not Dr. O'Grady* Dr. O'Grady was the on call obgyn when I recently delivered my second baby. Although the resident, Dr. Groves, did the delivery (who was AWESOME by the way), Dr. O'Grady oversaw it all. When the baby was starting to arrive, after only pushing for 10 minutes, she made me push in between contractions as well. This rushed my delivery, simply to for her convenience, and I ended up slightly tearing. There was no reason to do, in fact, my regular obgyn was not pleased to hear this. So the story goes, listen to your own body and gut. Do not be afraid to tell a doctor "No".

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr. O'Grady should retire. Just, retire now. Her bedside manner is atrocious. I think she fills in at NL Fertility Services when other doctors are on vacation. I'm not even kidding, the last time they booked me for an ultrasound I asked who the doctor will be that day because if it was her I would have asked to be seen on a different day. I find her to be very rude. I always feel really anxious when I'm in her company because she's condescending and has a way of making me feel like I'm stupid.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Terrible doctor and staff. Rude and condescending. No bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

She is the worst gynaecologists rude is a under statement of what she really is I will never go back I think you should find a new career !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

She is not my regular doctor at the clinic but I did see her for an ultrasound following my miscarriage. She is so friendly and helpful. Anyone who gets her as their doctor is lucky!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I saw Dr. O'Grady on and off for about 8 years and was consistently condescending, negative, rude and very arrogant. I had 5 miscarriages during my time seeing both her and Dr. Healey. I couldn't believe that these 2 women had chosen the infertility specialty. It seemed like they enjoyed being cruel and insensitive when giving you information about your infertility. Dr. O'Grady even refused to give me an ultrasound during a miscarriage because she said I had nothing left in me. Later that evening I was rushed in for an emergency D&C! In the end, I gave up seeing these doctors and trying to get pregnant. Lo and behold, I became pregnant naturally and now have a healthy son. Thanks to all the discouraging, negative information these doctors had convinced me I was infertile. Perhaps, infertility specialist should try to be a little more optimistic, encouraging and empathetic. It would go a long way in treating infertility.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I have to admit I was a a little scared (after reading these reviews) when I went to get HSG (dye test of the uterus and fallopian tubes) and realized that Dr. O'Grady would be performing it not my fertility doctor. But I was pleasantly surprised that she was very friendly and comforting during this uncomfortable test. I agree she is blunt and to the point but it didn't bother me. At the end I asked her to review the screen with me and she took her time to explain what was going on.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I found this doctor extremely unkind, arrogant, manipulative, and humiliating. She was so nasty to me that made me wonder perhaps she hated women in general. A Person such us this should have never become a gynaecologist. I had to switch to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I found her very insensitive and rude. I asked several questions and received rude responses. I was so upset that I left the office in tears.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011