Ratings for Dr. Terry O'Grady

*Listen to your gut, not Dr. O'Grady* Dr. O'Grady was the on call obgyn when I recently delivered my second baby. Although the resident, Dr. Groves, did the delivery (who was AWESOME by the way), Dr. O'Grady oversaw it all. When the baby was starting to arrive, after only pushing for 10 minutes, she made me push in between contractions as well. This rushed my delivery, simply to for her convenience, and I ended up slightly tearing. There was no reason to do, in fact, my regular obgyn was not pleased to hear this. So the story goes, listen to your own body and gut. Do not be afraid to tell a doctor "No".

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr. O'Grady should retire. Just, retire now. Her bedside manner is atrocious. I think she fills in at NL Fertility Services when other doctors are on vacation. I'm not even kidding, the last time they booked me for an ultrasound I asked who the doctor will be that day because if it was her I would have asked to be seen on a different day. I find her to be very rude. I always feel really anxious when I'm in her company because she's condescending and has a way of making me feel like I'm stupid.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Terrible doctor and staff. Rude and condescending. No bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

She is the worst gynaecologists rude is a under statement of what she really is I will never go back I think you should find a new career !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

She is not my regular doctor at the clinic but I did see her for an ultrasound following my miscarriage. She is so friendly and helpful. Anyone who gets her as their doctor is lucky!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I saw Dr. O'Grady on and off for about 8 years and was consistently condescending, negative, rude and very arrogant. I had 5 miscarriages during my time seeing both her and Dr. Healey. I couldn't believe that these 2 women had chosen the infertility specialty. It seemed like they enjoyed being cruel and insensitive when giving you information about your infertility. Dr. O'Grady even refused to give me an ultrasound during a miscarriage because she said I had nothing left in me. Later that evening I was rushed in for an emergency D&C! In the end, I gave up seeing these doctors and trying to get pregnant. Lo and behold, I became pregnant naturally and now have a healthy son. Thanks to all the discouraging, negative information these doctors had convinced me I was infertile. Perhaps, infertility specialist should try to be a little more optimistic, encouraging and empathetic. It would go a long way in treating infertility.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I have to admit I was a a little scared (after reading these reviews) when I went to get HSG (dye test of the uterus and fallopian tubes) and realized that Dr. O'Grady would be performing it not my fertility doctor. But I was pleasantly surprised that she was very friendly and comforting during this uncomfortable test. I agree she is blunt and to the point but it didn't bother me. At the end I asked her to review the screen with me and she took her time to explain what was going on.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I found this doctor extremely unkind, arrogant, manipulative, and humiliating. She was so nasty to me that made me wonder perhaps she hated women in general. A Person such us this should have never become a gynaecologist. I had to switch to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I found her very insensitive and rude. I asked several questions and received rude responses. I was so upset that I left the office in tears.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I saw this lady on what I would call one of the worst nights of my life.I was scared, in pain, feeling incredibly vulnerable.At 30 weeks pregnant, I was in labor and so very scared.Dr. O'Grady was nasty to me, she actually raised her voice at me, was so abrupt and insensitive, I will never forget it.The best thing I can say about her is that she left early the next morning and Dr. Kravitz came on in her place.She was fantastic, Dr. Pike actually delivered my baby and she was excellent too.Dr. O'Grady, I hope I never see again.In fact, she was so nasty to me that when the nurses came on again the next night, some of them actually came to my room and apologized for the way Dr. O'Grady had treated me the previous night.I was one of the pregnant women who was sent out of province last summer due to Eastern Health being on diversion.The only negative encounter I had with anyone here in Newfoundland or in Ottawa was Dr. O'Grady.Thank God for the nurses in the case room.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010