Ratings for Dr. Neil Fine

I wish there was an option to give more than five stars because it doesn’t feel like it’s enough. Dr. Fine, Michelle, Karen, Barb and the ENTIRE NSPS team deserve a 10-star, 5 Diamond, AAA+ and all other things amazing rating. And while the circumstances that brought me to the NSPS office were far from ideal, I am overjoyed to write this review because of my experience and I hope it helps others. I completed my last surgery at the end of October and have spent a lot of time thinking about how to accurately articulate just how outstanding Dr. Fine and the NSPS team is – (I don’t think enough superlatives exist to do this, but I will try). At 39 years old, and zero history of breast cancer, I was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer in 2017. To say it was devastating, unimaginable news, is an understatement. I was ready to do whatever my oncologist surgeon recommended -- he’s the expert. But when you’re actually told the best course of action is a bilateral mastectomy, it is overwhelming. That’s when I was given the names of a few plastic surgeons to research and pick one to be on ‘my team.’ I know my guardian angel, or someone from above, was looking out for me big time when they guided me to Dr. Fine and NSPS. Simply put, not only is Dr. Fine a surgical maestro, he is also a caring, kind, understanding and empathetic human. I underwent a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction plus a subsequent three surgeries, (due to complications from chemo). I couldn’t be happier with the results. Physically, I look better than I did before the surgeries. But, my experience with Dr. Fine was far more than just the masterful work of one of the nation’s top (if not the top) plastic surgeons. It was a long process – and there were bumps along the way with chemo. I spent a lot of time at the NSPS office. And sent a lot of texts. Michelle, Dr. Fine’s Physician’s Assistant, was with me every step – she’s been with Dr. Fine for a number of years and is the definition of top-notch. She patiently answered all of my questions (as ridiculous as they might be), replied to all of my texts and was someone I could count on to be there. Her passion for her work is palpable. And her genuine care for her patients unmatched. Then there’s Karen. She runs the office and is Dr. Fine’s wife. Every time I would see her, I would be greeted with a great big hug and words of encouragement. Her energy and positivity could best be described as rays of sunshine. Just being in her presence, I felt comforted and taken care of – I just felt better. I would be remiss not to mention Barb and the incredible front desk staff. Every time I walked into their office, I was welcomed like a beloved family member. I don’t think they really understand how much that means to someone going through what I did. It is life-changing to receive such incredible care. For as unbelievably awful as it is to receive a cancer diagnosis, it is just as unbelievably amazing to have people like Dr. Fine, Michelle, Karen, Barb + team there to get you through it. I do believe Dr. Fine, Michelle, Karen, Barb and the entire staff are angels masquerading as people. I'll never forget a nurse telling me after I was diagnosed that I was living in 'extraordinary times.' She was right. The care I received from Dr. Fine, Michelle, Karen and the entire NSPS team was extraordinary. I’m so very blessed they were with me during the scariest time of my life (so far). And I thank my lucky stars for them every day.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

Dr. Neil Fine and his team including Michelle Grim are am outstanding team for breast reconstruction following breast cancer surgery. They are caring medical professionals and I am a lucky patient who has received best possible care with excellent outcome by these skilled and caring professionals at NSPS. With much thanks to Dr.Neil Fine & Michelle Grim.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I underwent a prophylactic double mastectomy in November 2015 when I was 27. Dr. Fine did the second half of the initial surgery and the reconstructive surgery. I could not be happier with the outcome and had a great experience (all things considered). Dr. Fine, Michelle, and the office staff were incredibly responsive (via text, email, and phone) and kind throughout the process and always made me feel comfortable. I have recommended and will continue to recommend Dr. Fine as a fantastic surgeon for breast reconstruction.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I could write a novel about my incredible experience with Dr. Neil Fine and his staff. Overall, I've never felt more cared for as a patient. Unfortunately, I've had my fair share of doctors. But nobody made me feel more comfortable, informed, or hopeful than Dr. Fine. I became his patient due to the fact that I wanted reconstruction after a double mastectomy. His skill puts him in the same category as the best of the best. And that also goes for his team-- that's exactly what they are... a team. My final results have surpassed my greatest expectations. Sounds cheesy but owe so much to Dr. Fine. From the time I was told I had breast cancer to the final stage of my reconstruction, I psychologically struggled more than I thought I would. But thanks to his patience with me and his drive to see me happy with what I see when I look in the mirror, I no longer feel the ware and tear of my surgeries. I no longer see scars when I look at myself; it's one of the best feelings in the world. And I owe that to Dr. Neil Fine. Love you, Dr. Fine!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I recently underwent a bilateral breast reduction and there is no other surgeon I would consider besides Dr Fine. I cannot recommend him enough. He is helpful, caring, compassionate, and extremely knowledgable and innovative -- check out his resume when you get a chance. While I will say that he can get a bit confusing and scientific during consultations (discussing how many CCs to take out was stressful) I fully trust his judgment and could not be happier with the results. I also heard that he took the time post-surgery to comfort my worried mother (he also performed several surgeries on her during breast cancer). There is nobody else I would recommend or consider. His team -- doctors & office employees - are great, too!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. Neil Fine gets -0 ratings in my book. He was the most evil and deceptive doctor I've ever known. I'm so sorry that I was ever referred to him. He gave me some advice right after he did a messed up surgical procedure. I followed his advice and did as he said which was to notify him if I had any problem due to his surgical procedure. I reported to his office but for the first time was seen by one of his nurse assistants who gave me her advice. I made another appointment to see the doctor who reprimanded me for informing him of the difficulty I was experiencing following his surgical procedure on me. He was angry and gave me a very negative response regarding the surgical procedure that he performed on me. He was on the defense and his staff appeared to be hiding something. I don't have the time right now to mention his negative demeanor when I first saw him and the unprofessional and nasty comments he made to me.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

This doctor's bedside manner was very poor. I had a very bad experience with him regarding this. This is not to say that his skills are not acceptable. He would not listen to my concerns following surgery and came to his own conclusions about what I was there for regarding a surgical procedure he had done. I also made an appointment to see him following the surgical procedure, but instead I was seen by a nurse or some type of practitioner. I made another appointment to actually see him and he was upset about this.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

My experience with Dr. Neil Fine and his staff was exemplary. Everyone was friendly and competent. Dr. Fine is a gem. He understood exactly what I wanted which was to get rid of my double chin. (Unlike another doctor whom I consulted, Dr. Fine did not suggest additional work.) The results are so natural looking that my friends haven't commented. That's exactly what I want! What a joy to feel more confident about my profile. I now look as young as I feel!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

A million thanks to Dr. Fine and his staff for seeing me through a complex breast reconstruction. Dr. Fine made me feel at ease with my decision & did an amazing job with my surgery. I had a lengthy healing process with many follow-up visits. Several visits were spent with Michelle (Physician's Assistant) who's clinical knowledge & support was invaluable to my recovery. It's been nearly a year since my initial surgery. I look and feel great! I live out of state, so my husband and I traveled nearly 2 hours each way for my appointments and surgery at Northwestern. It was worth it! Special thanks to Barb, who always greeted us w/ a smile & made scheduling and navigating insurance prior authorizations a breeze. I am a 'Bright Pink' girl and would highly recommend this practice to anyone in need of reconstructive surgery.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Dr. Fine went out of his way to help me reschedule surgery when it was discovered I had eaten too close to scheduled time. Also, my breast reconstruction after mastectomy has feeling in 50% after tramflap. Looks good too even after 11 years.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Dr. Neil Fine's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal