Ratings for Dr. John McNab

I have had Dr. McNab as a family GP since I was in my early teens. I am now in my late 40's. There are times that he is behind schedule, but that is because he takes the time to actually speak to the patient. I have watched as he made house calls when my mom was dying. This man has the best care for his patients in mind and truly cares about them.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Our family doctor for a long time now. He is kind, compassionate and smart. Sure, he can be hurried at times but I assure you if you just speak up and say "John I need a couple more minutes with you" he will take the time. Also, if the patients quit all the small talk that holds him up you wouldn't have to wait so long and he wouldn't be hurried. I think he is wonderfully compassionate and doing his best for his patients. His nurse Juliette is amazing as well! They make a lovely team of caregivers.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Sometimes I have to wait a while, but he has been good about dealing with any issues. He was also bang on with my Mom's cancer treatments and specialist referals and such.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Knowledgeable, thorough and takes the moment to listen.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I've had Dr. McNabb complete a number of minor surgery's and he's been my family doctor over my lifetime. Personally, I couldn't recommend a better Physician in regards to professionalism, knowledge, patient care and his general foresight; highly recommended in my eyes. He's also the family doctor for my parents and sibling, and they all rave about how empathic Dr. McNabb is and how he's properly triaged any issues they might have had. Thank you again Dr. McNabb for being an understanding and insightful person through my youth and adult years.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

I have only been to Dr. McNab once. He was terrible, and treated me like a second class citizen. My friend goes to him. My friend asked him to be checked for cancer, MN sent him for blood work and gave him the all clear. 2 months later he had full blown colon cancer the specialist said was there for years. He's been on agressive chemo for 9 months now and is losing the battle. My friend went backto have his dressings changed for his porta caf [chemo pump ] as per the cancer specialists request just to be told that he didnt have anything sterile enough to use?? and that he could do this himself at home. As time went on and cancer worsened, he went back to MN to see about a colostomy bag. MN did a rectal exam on him. A few days later he went back to the cancer spec. and told him about this rectal exam and he was fuming mad. Apparently you are never to give a rectal to a chemo patient for risk of infections, and ruptures. He was going to call MN that day. SLOW DOWN MCNAB You're not GOD

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

Dr. McNab was our family doctor for years. He delivered me.. and my brother. Through the years I noticed he's become more rushed..definitely not as thorough. It was the last straw for me when he misdiagnosed my mother's stroke. She had classic symptoms and he instead sent her home and told her to see an optomitrist for her blurred vision and facial numbess. I made the decision to take her to the hospital. She suffered a full blown stroke that could've been treated had it been diagnosed earlier.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

John is by far the very best doctor that I have seen in my lifetime. Very very well read and knowledgable. Good diagnosis skills, carring mannor. They don`t come any beter, He is worth the wait!!!! Just bring a little work along and stay productive. I would rather wait for a while for and have a great doctor then get emediate service. If you need fast service go to a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

I have been going to see Dr McNab for 30 years now, I have 3 children and he is also their Dr. My children love going to see him. I trust him and feel very lucky to have him as our DR. Yes he is always busy but very dedicated to his patients. I do not look forward to the day he retires.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

Great doctor, long waits but worth it. Listened to all my problems then made various good suggestions. Better than most and I for one wouldn't change to another.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

• Humana Health Care Plan
  • Humana Medicare
  • Humana PPO
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Secure Horizons