Ratings for Dr. S. Arif Ali

When you have to rely on the nurse for call i n for meds, and they do not. It is time to fire them.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2020

Dr Ali is a great listener with major concern for his patients' wellness. His caring attention to detail is outstanding.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2019

Dr. Ali is a knowledgeable but conservative physician. He has been my doctor for nearly twenty years, and I have received good care and the proper medical treatment.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2019

Dr. Ali asked repeatedly, "What other questions do you have?" He explained fully but did not take up all the time over explaining. He ended the explanations by inviting additional questions. He was interested in me and was delighted each time I showed improvement. He wrote to my medicare insurance company to ask for a medication they had refused to cover. They reversed their decision and offered the coverage. However I no longer needed it - Dr. Ali had put me in touch with a pharmacy who helped me qualify for the medication from the drug company. He is one of my favorite doctors of all time and I am now 73 years old.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Ali for over 20 years and over the past 2 years the quality has gone down. I have several autoimmune issues and he used to help with them all, but no longer does. The review below regarding refills is absolutely true. I call it the monthly fight when I call the pharmacy. I have been calling the office for 2 days and keep getting the answering serve during office hours. Hate to change doctors after so long, but it may be time...

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Been going there for 16yrs now and he has help with Arthritis and the infusion have really help me.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

I have also been seeing Dr. Ali for at least 10 years now, however his staff become more difficult each time I must deal with them on a refill. The same routine has been going on for months now.....Dr. Ali's nurse tells me CVS never sent the RX when I know it was sent at least twice. Last week the nurse actually yelled at me when I called, claiming she had already responded to request. This was five days after I submitted the refill request. Proceed with caution!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

I have only seen him for 4 months but he seems to be in space. He was looking into his FB instead of listening to what I was asking him. I have severe RA I told him I had high blood pressure he didn't even listen he gave me an injection supposedly for pain and I had my arm and hand numb for 4 days. I have ulcers in my stomach and he gave me a medication that ruins your stomach. Sorry for those recommending him I would no recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Have been seeing this doctor for over 10 years. Takes some getting use too as he is not very personable. Have to ask direct questions to get answers...is not forthcoming with information. He will however listen to your desire for specific treatment options and work with you. Go prepared with questions and be quick. I would say the communication is the most negative for me and the fact he only spends 5-10 minutes, just long enough to go over labs and give you a prescription. Get the feeling he has a daily quota of patients to see and like a race to see everyone. Will be seeking new doctor who takes a holistic approach...looking for root cause of condition rather than treating with dangerous drugs which do nothing to lower my inflammation.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I don't like writing negative reviews normally but I have been a patient for many years and was charged as a new patient. Paid a $90 co-pay then they sent me a bill for $70. I spent maybe 5 minutes with the doctor. My main complaint is the staff and mostly whoever is in billing. Very rude, not helpful and acted put out that she even had to talk to me. She took my credit card # , exp date and security code and wrote it down on a pieced of paper because she was busy running a report. I wasn't comfortable with that at all. She was not able to give me a receipt (because she was busy) or a confirmation #. Maybe she is "burned out" with her job and needs to retire or find something that will make her happy.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. S. Arif Ali's Credentials

• Dow Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1984)

Wellpoint