Ratings for Dr. Merita R. Tan

First, the office didn't tell me they don't take United Healthcare until I got there. I kept the appt and paid out of pocket. Dr. Tan came in to the exam with an attitude right away about my MD/DO (who is very highly rated by the way). She is evidently very anti-alternative medicine. I did not receive any phone call or report regarding my pap smear, had to make 3 phone calls to her office before I finally got the results. My mammogram came back with a request for another appt for additional views. When I asked the hospital what that meant, they said I should call my doctor or my dr. may call me (definitely not here). I left a message, but Dr. Tan did not call me back to discuss my mammogram results. When I called again, I discovered the office was closed. She had left for the weekend without deigning to return my phone call. Not a great track record here.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

One of the worst doctors I have ever been to. Dr. Tan delivered my son. I had some tearing that required her to do some stitching after the birth. I continued to be in pain for months after the birth. When I went to her for several follow up visits to discuss the pain, she kept saying that I had a low pain tolerance and that nothing was wrong. Finally, after 5 months of pain, I went to a gynecological surgeon for a second opinion. He told me she had put in the stitches incorrectly and they would never heal properly unless I had another operation to repair them. He operated on me and within 6 weeks I was absolutely fine. I never went back to Dr. Tan.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

Dr. Merita R. Tan's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1989)