Ratings for Dr. Arnold D. Dlin

Doctor Dlin was my family doctor for many years and I miss him very much because of his ability to put you at ease, made me laugh and he also took the effort to go beyond the standard testing to diagnose my problems. He is truly one of a kind and haven't found another since then that compares.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

This guy just loves the sound of his own voice. I have never left a doctors office so infuriated in my whole life, in fact I have never had occasion to be angry at a doctors office. He asked me what my issue was and 1 other question then proceeded to lecture me for 15-20 mins completely off topic. I couldn't get a word in edge ways as he was missing the point about my problem. I was too taken aback to say anything further really buy still he made a horrible snide comment as he lefy the pffice. Just googled him to see if i am alone in thinking this, clearly not. I am considering making a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

I saw Dr. Dlin at a walk in clinic in Kerrisdale. He was very abrupt, did not ask about my medical history, or about other medications I am on. He prescribed an antibiotic that is apparently so uncommon that none of the 3 pharmacies I went to had it stocked. The pharmacy had to contact the office to get an alternate prescription and I am still waiting 4 hours later, becoming more and more uncomfortable. I would go out of my way to avoid seeing him again.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

have never come across such a plonker as this guy. will go out of my way to avoid ever having to see him again. waited 90mins to see him with 3 kids under the age of 4yrs old for an ear infection, he was dismissive, abrupt, defensive, rude and rushed. when I went to get the script filled for my son he had left off some vital information about the dosage now the clinic has to respond to the pharmacy with the correct details and we are still waiting 4hrs later. complete gong show.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

excellent Dr. Knowledgeable and good at explaining the problem and treatment options. The only drawback is inability to make appointments to see him at a busy walk-in clinic, so often you wait over an hour or more. Still I would rather wait to see him than go elsewhere for care.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Dr. Dlin was my family doc for far too long until I was old enough to find a better one. He was dismissive, had a turnstile practice, didn't listen and completely misdiagnosed my dad. He never listened and I felt that I had to talk as fast as possible before he started opening the door to move on, handing you a prescription as you are leaving.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I WENT TO A CLINIC AT BRENTWOOD SHOPPING CENTER TO GET A PRESCRIPTION AND ALL I GOT WAS A RUDE DOCTOR THAT DECIDED HE WAS GOING TO LECTURE ME ABOUT MY DIABETES THIS IS THE WORST DR. I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED HE HAS A FILTHY MOUTH HE SAID THAT MY READINGS WHICH I ALREADY HAD THE RESULTS WERE****TY HIS WORDS NOT MINE HE USED THE WORD 4 TIMES

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

After waiting 2+ hours at the Kerrisdale Stn. Clinic with a 3" bleeding head wound, I had the displeasure of having Dr. Dlin as the walk-in doctor on call. In my entire life, I have never received such poor and unprofessional medical care (or lack there of). He didn't check me out for a possible concussion. Did nothing for my wound other than roughly slap a wad of gauze on it. And then told me, after my already 2+ hours of waiting, that he didn't have time to stitch me up and that I'd have to come back or wait ANOTHER 90 minutes. And that's only if I wanted. Incredible!! What if I had a serious and underlying head injury as a result of the accident that caused the cut on my head? Would he be hold legally responsible for any future problems this injury may cause? For not giving a damn or showing a complete indifference and lack of caring or compassion towards me? A possible formal complaint with the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons shall be on his desk shortly.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

I had Dr. D for many years (approx 20) as our family doctor and he was excellent! Sure her jokes a bit (which I liked) he's human and he's funny so lighten up people. He gave excellent care and followed up at home on a number of occasions. He always diagnosed accurately and gave care in a timely and appropriate manner. If you have Dr. Dlin as your current doctor you should consider yourself very lucky. I have been bouncing from doctor to doctor ever since he gave up his family practice and haven't found even 1 doctor who comes close to being as good a doc as Dr. D. We miss you Dr. D! Keep up the awesome work and relaxed bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011