Ratings for Dr. Julie A. Otten

I would love to call out all of these positive reviews as completely fake to up Julie Otten's ratings. She & her husband (Dr. Severa) are the absolute worst/dangerous drs. Being a patient of 7+ years, they dropped me for missing an appt I had made w. a therapist in her office that I made a wk prior when I really wanted to talk to someone. I'd gotten the times mixed up by 45 minutes, not once ever another issue w this office being late or a no call/show in all the time I have been a patient. Thought it was at 10:45, was at 10, I showed up, they counted as a no show, so they completely booted me from the entire place. Otten has kept me on dangerous psych meds for yrs & we were unsuccessfully trying to wean me off of 1 that was impossible to get off of slowly over a year & I can't go cold turkey off my meds! Can seize, die, horrible side effects. Has had me on it so long that it is impossible to get off! Then to just drop me like that? Turning them in. Completely wrong. Only reason she looks at her PC so much is because her old PC is always crashing & can never work. She may take notes here & there, but its her figuring out how to use her barely working pc. Both drs answer calls during visits, staff just walk into session. She doesn't know most meds-has to look them up in a med book. I know them more than she does. She'll write you a script for anything, no questions asked & @ a dangerous quantity. Can't believe she hasn't had any malpractice suits against her/OD's. Shocking she still has license. 1 & only reason I kept her was because I'd been on meds since young & too scared to go off. She is only $75 out of pocket when I don't have ins, so the most affordable dr to keep up w meds. Shortest wait time= 1 hr. Longest=6 hours! She'll spend forever w each person lollygagging around/gets off schedule, makes every appt that day postponed later & later. Pharmacies have hard time reaching office. They lose everything/have an excuse & never calls back pharmacy. Billing pops up w supposed missed payments from yrs ago that were covered, when you're expected to pay up front to even make an appt. Her receptionists make fun of her poor practice in front of patients waiting in waiting room. Patty & her horrible coworker receptionist who is the most heartless, rude, unprofessional person ever, go outside to chainsmoke every 15 minutes. Cuss nonstop behind desk & talk details of so many patients in loudest tone that everyone can hear. The office is absolutely filthy. Don't take care of their fish. Her husband, Dr. Severa, will see her patients when she is too lazy to come in. He pushes meds/supplements on you, your children, anyone w you when he knows nothing about you, & after spending just a few minutes w you. Old man surrounded in his office by 50 porcelain dolls. Anything odd about that? All of the other ratings that speak of this all here are dead on. I don't believe for 1 min any positive reviews aren't themselves, or people they know boosting ratings. When my brother didn't have ins, I told him to go there as he didn't have much money, but couldn't go cold turkey off of his meds either, & would rather pay more for someone that knows what they're doing after 1 visit with her. His words "if heroin was legal, she would be the 1 who prescribes it, then tell you what corner to get it on." This cple are the worst doctors here & I'lll be turning them in. You can't just get someone hooked on meds like this, who has been a faithful patient for yrs, then drop them over an honest mistake, which puts their lives/wellbeing in danger because they can't go off these meds cold turkey. I have to find a diff dr asap or I'll be screwed out of daily meds. Only 1 I could stand in office was Patty because she wasn't the evil, meth addict look alike who can't be nice for 2 secs to anyone if her life depended on it. Patty-a gma w a nose piercing & bright pink hair screams professionalism. She really let me down trying to say (lying) that I would be dropped from my ins for 1 no show. There is a reason she is so cheap. WORST DR'S EVER. I'm also not afraid of letting them know who I am and they probably can tell just by my accurate description of their practice, but, if not-being they treat everyone horribly, it is Andrea! No dr now terrifies me of what will happen when I literally can't go off this med that I've been on since 15 and am 33 years old now, and what she said wasn't true at all. They became antagonizing. I need a real dr who knows their stuff, who cares, who knows how to properly wean someone off of a dangerous medication that isn't needed, and doesn't drop you like this putting your life at risk. I have insurance for maybe 1-2 more months right now, and it will be very hard for me to re establish a new dr (that I can pray I can afford when dropped from ins and need to pay out of pocket. People deserve the truth, especially when you guys are putting so many lives at risk!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I have seen Dr. otten for over 10 years now! She is by far the best doctor around. She is extremely knowledgable about medications. I left omaha 5 years ago and actually travel back to see Dr. Otten every 4 months. There staff Patty and Dawn are all business and do their best to keep appts and counseling on a very tight schedule. I honesty don't know how they do it! Everyone all around are wonderful and have always been understanding, they listen, and they truly care about every patients! Love you all!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I highly recommend avoiding this doctor. One appointment with her was enough for me, and if I could have walked out early I would have. A waste of my time. Just dollar signs to her, a number to shuffle through.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I had to see this doctor for insurance purposes while briefly working with a therapist in her office (same as her husband's, different last name) - she was so late I then missed 40 of the 50 minutes of the therapy appointment - which while receiving there, was over-billed to my insurance. Dr. Otten may have gotten through our appointment faster had she not been falling asleep behind her computer. Read: no eye contact and falling asleep on patients doesn't exactly qualify for very great bedside manner let alone quality of care, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr Otten herself is a great doctor., kind, helpful, and understanding. However, what drops her score below unacceptable, is her 2 receptionist's. They are the rudest, uncaring,non medical staff, I have ever seen, and had to deal with. In any other office, that type of behavior wouldn't be tolerated, under any circumstance"s. Those 2 would never make it in any other Doctors office , thst mean, unkind, mannerism, they'd be let go right away. They are just horrible mean people! They make it do you don't even want to go there anymore. They are too busy smoking most of the time, the rest is constant repetition of imence terrible disrespect and disregard for any of the patients. Somebody needs to watch and listen how they treat the patients that come there and how they speak to people on the phone. They AWFUL!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I have been seeing Doctor Otten for 3 years. She listend to you when you are there in her office.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

I have seen Dr. Otten for a long time and I can say she is an excellent doctor. She takes time with me, she's patient with me, and she always explains exactly what she's doing. I really like her and the way she treats her patients. She makes sure I understand why I feel like I do, how and what I need to do to help me feel better. I think Dr. Otten really is a doctor that found her calling.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

As a business professional I was originally apprehensive about seeing a psychiatrist regarding challenges I was experiencing. I chalked them up to stress at the office. When I finally decided enough was enough, I scheduled an appointment with Dr Otten and I can honestly say she has helped my quality of life improve dramatically. I was in denial of having adult ADD and was among those that perceived it as a made up condition. Boy was I ever wrong. Dr Otten's staff are very friendly and given Nebraska's sad view of Behavior Health, they are impacted by the volumes of people that need medical care. I would recommend Dr Otten as well as her husband. They are very caring people and do great work.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

DR Julie Otten is a wonderful doctor, I have many serious, complex problems, and she has helped me so very much. She has diagnosed my conditions, and worked with all of my medications, until we found what works for me. She listens to me, never makes me feel rushed, and really cares about her patient's, and that causes her to run behind, because she will not rush you out. I trust her! In the front office Patty is the only respectful, nice one, the rest can be very rude! So, if I need something or have a question , I will always ask for Patty only. I thank the Lord I found Dr Otten. I will always struggle with my conditions, but she is there to treat my conditions accordingly, and in a professional manner. Thank You Dr Otten/ Dr Severa, and *Patty(front office).

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

very kind and cares about her patients. Shows great compassion and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Julie A. Otten's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)