Ratings for Dr. Mark L. Barba

Dr B is wonderful I was so happy with my knee surgery never use anyone else!!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

really happy with service and staff of mark barba hope I don't go through this again but would use mark barba again

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr. Barba is a great surgeon. He is factual and caring. Would highly recommend him and his staff. I am walking great after total hip replacement 3 weeks post op. Hard to believe i had surgery.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Very professional, caring, knows his stuff, would recommend him in a minute,

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr Barbara wanted to do surgery on me I got a second opinion and was told I didn't need surgery I wouldnt' recommend him to anyone..

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I took my 82 yr old step dad there for complaints of upper lateral leg pain. Dr Barbara had X-rays done and recommended therapy. The pain continued so took him for a second opinion to Dr Antanochi. He said the joint was pretty well crushed and needed​ replacement. It went great and he hasn't had a bit of pain.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Total failure on a mini or micro hip replacement within 2 years.. he did on me in 2001. He did not inform us previous to the surgery that he was doing a new procedure and when the hip failed...he refuswd to see me again...terrible experience with Dr Barba when he was associated with Dr. Mark Carlson when he first came to Rockford.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr. Mark Barba replaced my broken knee replacement. He offered me a choice of doctors and I chose him. I highly recommend Dr. Barba as a surgeon and a compassionate person. At my checkup, I was told I had full recovery and do not have to go back for five years.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I have had both hips replaced. Absolutely no pain with either one. Dr Barba is a very caring doctor and will take time to talk and listen to you.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I was amazed at the results. I had a complete hip replacement. I had virtually no pain after the procedure. I am going to do some further therapy before returning to work. Dr. Barba is amazing.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Mark L. Barba's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My name is Mark Barba and I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and how I became committed to healthcare. I am a subspecialized orthopedic surgeon with a practice in joint replacement and a special interest in replacements of the hip joint. When I was growing up, I had a garage full of automotive tools and a father who patiently taught me how they worked. He was also very concerned that I properly cared for the tools and remained disciplined and organized. “A place for everything and everything in its place” was his lesson -- boring for a child, but a great foundation for a surgeon. I always knew I wanted to be a doctor. I could not understand how a kid would want to be anything else. I needed stitches three times while growing up and loved every visit to the emergency room! In medical school I chose to focus on orthopedics; the instruments just felt natural in my hand, and no one had to tell me which way to tighten a screw. I chose to further subspecialize in joint replacement because I have a hard time with failure and replacement of an arthritic joint is almost always a victory. I did not see this in any other aspect of medicine I studied. I love it even more now than ever. Joint replacement implants have evolved to provide amazing results. I especially focus on devices that now allow people to return to even higher levels of activity. Ask me about the Birmingham Hip and the Oxford Knee and I think you will be impressed with how far the science of joint replacement has progressed. No matter what the reason for your appointment, I look forward to our visit because it is people that are my motivation. Otherwise, I would probably be working on cars.

• English