Ratings for Dr. James A. Katz

Staff very helpful. Doctor knowledgeable. Good follow up care.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Dr Katz is impressive as a doctor and especially as a eye surgeon but his staff is arrogant and caustic. The eyeware i.e., glass frames, tinted lenses and filling the eyeglass prescriptions, operation of the doctors practice is an insult to the profession. The office manager is more suited for a position in a penal institution. Overall AVOID THE MIDWEST CENTER FOR SIGHT in Des Plaines, Illinois.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

This doctor kept me waiting for 90 minutes. He came into the exam room, met me, did a quick exam and said "I'll be right back." He then went on to exam 2 other patients and took a phone call. I then opened the exam room door and looked right at him as he seemed to be ready to see yet another patient. He came back into the exam room and I asked if he had washed his hands. He responded defensively and did not wash his hands in front of me. He then conducted a procedure that was quite uncomfortable and had minimal empathy for my discomfort. I would not return to this man. Anyone going to see him should insist he wash his hands in front of them.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

It's really a shame how poorly this office is run because the docs there are great. I am not sure who is to blame for the horrible scheduling problem, but I have never waited less than 45 minutes to see the doctor. I have tried all times of the day and all days of the week but still end up waiting. I have put up with this because I like Dr. Katz. My most recent appointment was the icing on the cake. I arrived for my appointment on time, and an hour and 40 minutes later I had STILL not seen the doctor. I hadn't even had my eyes dilated yet, and normally after they dilate me I have to go sit in a separate waiting room for 15-20 minutes until the dilating takes effect. So one hour and 40 minutes past my appointment time, I hadn't had my eyes dialted yet nor seen the doctor, and I had another committment that day. I ended up having to leave, which was probably a good thing because I was so angry I might have said something rude to the doc if/when he ever showed up.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2009

Dr. James A. Katz's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1991)