Ratings for Dr. Stan George

It is difficult to get all the information required to understand what is required for a patient after surgery. He doesn't speak in plain language all the time. It is confusing and I'm in health care. My mother left very discouraged with the aspect of not being able to drive for an undetermined amount of time. This was not ever mentioned to us other than a line in the booklet. He clearly has the knowledge but translating it to elderly (and not so elderly) patients is lacking.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Good afternoon. My name is Sonia. I am 24 years old. I have more than 6 years of vision problems, but wear glasses for 4 years. I have mixed astigmatism in both eyes. At the same time, the figures are small: -2, -1.5, +1, etc., but I see worse: without glasses 3 lines, in glasses 4. Recently checked the field of view, it is narrowed, I see only in the center, "in the tube". It have been diagnosed hemeralopia, malignant pigmented degeneration of the retina. They say that this is a hereditary disease and is not treated. But we do not have such a kind in the family. Can this be not heredity and is it treated? I live in Armenia, and here this is not treated, I wanted to find out how abroad on this issue. Thank you in advance! With best regards, Sonia

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I found this doctor to be arrogant and uncaring not to mention that he wouldn't bother to explain anything. Worst of all, I found him very rough for someone who works around peoples' eyes. I told my doctor I would never return to him.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. George did a cornea transplant in my eye three years ago and was very professional. His passion is surgery and it shows. I can truly say it was an amazing experience! After having the surgery, I could understand why he doesn't have much time to chat with his patients at the office. We are very lucky to have such a great surgeon in the Maritime provinces.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

One of the worst experiences! I'd had a mall growth removed from my eyelid in the past by a plastic surgeon. I barely felt the needle much less the procedure. Flash forward to Stan George: his nurse came over to hold my hands while he put in a needle for freezing. I thought it was a bit much until he actually put it in - my foot flew up inot the air.. Never felt pain like it! I don't know what he was using but in comparing the two doctors I would NEVER return to Stan George!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I took my mom to see Dr. George this past week - she's in her 80's and was referred for potential surgery. This was my mom's first (and only) visit to this doctor. The doctor was very abrupt to the point of being down right rude. He did a very quick examination of her eyes then said - you need to decide if you want surgery. There's a 1 in 500 chance of going blind, and a 1 in 500 chance it (surgery) won't be successful. He then stood up, handed my mom a document and said this sheet tells your the risks. He was walking out the door as he passed this to her, and told her if you have any questions as my secretary. And he walked out. Wow - that's so unprofessional. I don't care if he's the absolute best surgeon on the face of the planet - if he can't take 5 minutes to talk to an elderly patient about surgery then why should anyone waste their time going to see him?

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

This was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with any doctor! I would NEVER recommend Dr Stan George!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. George saved our daughter's (3 years old) vision, he performed a cornea patch/transplant on her at the IWK. He was very polite and professional and in his words "treated her as though she was his own". :)

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Have been a patient for 8+ years. Dr. George is an outstanding practitioner in caring foru ears. He is busy, yes but he is thorough and proactive. Some may interpret his personality as unfriendly or uncaring. He and I get along fine. I don't need him to be my best friend, I need an intelligent, knowledgeable practitioner to provide excellent care for my eyes. He told me that is what he would do and he has, with excellence.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

I must say I am very pleased with both his staff and Dr. George, he is always pleasant with my Mother and will repeat any answers to questions he might have. The time he spent with her and the way he operated is both fast and efficient. The surgery was a great success and my Mom is so happy with him. The staff, especially Dolly is awesome. It is great to go somewhere and know that the very best is being done for my Mom. Thank you Dr. George and thank you to the staff.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012