Ratings for Dr. Douglas Fonteyne

I have been with Dr. Fonteyne for 11 years now and I can say with confidence that he is an inefficient, careless doctor. He comes in and writes a prescription within the first 2 min and walks out. He doesn’t care about the patient. I had told him I took medication for an illness twice and it didn’t work and he didn’t even bother to ask what I took, went out and brought samples of the exact same medication. Go to another doctor who will genuinely care for you. I went to another doctor and that doctor took the time to explain in simplistic language what was wrong and asked a lot of questions and explained why we was prescribing that specific medication. Dr. Fonteyne is not recommend at all unless you have the common cold. Please allow yourself to be given the best possible care, do NOT go to doctor Fonteyne.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr. Fonteyne has been my doctor for 10yrs. He was great at first then over the past few years not so much. It now takes a week + to get in to see him, then you wait 30-45min to finally see him. He walks in writes a prescription and then walks out. Ignored my pain for a year telling me it was normal and just take these pain meds until a trip to Emergency ended in emergency surgery and a removed fallopian tube. I made the mistake of mentioning alternative medicins in his office and have never been treated so badly by a medical professional. His whole demeanour changed and he became rude and disregarded anything I had to say after. Needless to say I left his office in tears and will be looking for a new doctor who does not push pharmaceuticals for every ailment. Very disappointing

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I have been a Dr Fonteyne patient for the past 9 years. When I first started going to his Office, there were some Front Line Staff issues...staff that were not the most courteous and not efficient at booking appointments. In the past 3 years this has all been remedied and the Staff are superb. Dr Doug is fabulous as a person and very skilled as a Family Doctor, attending to 6 of our family members.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Have been with Dr. Fonteyne for many years now and always appreciate how thorough he is in checking my medical concerns. His staff is helpful and polite. Dr. Fonteyne is very easy to talk with and supportive.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

He's been my family doctor for 10 years now and I've seen the decline in care over that time. Where before he'd take the time to find out what ails you, now he makes a snap decision based on the first words out of your mouth and a glance from across the room and either prescribes something for it or shrugs it off as just your lot in life.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

While he is a fantastic doctor, actually getting in to see him is impossible. 7 to 10 days for a regular visit. 5 to 6 months for a physical. Not impressed at all

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr. Fonteyne has been my GP for the past 10 years. He is very efficient, knowledgeable and supportive. I would strongly recommend him. JM

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Our whole family sees Dr Fonteyne. He is the most friendly , helpful Dr i have ever been too. I've been seeing him for about 10 years now i believe, slowly bringing my whole family over, including my wife, who was very tough to convince she had been with her family Dr. on the other side of the city since she was a teenager, she is absolutely ecstatic with him and his treatment. Then my children once they were old enough to leave the pediatrician, they both absolutely love him. i highly recommend him, and will be with him I'm certain till his retirement.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Horrible experience, misdiagnosed my skin infection for months causing me to suffer longer, how does a doctor confuse impetigo and psoriasis?, half my scalp covers oozing and crusty.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

We drive across to the city to see Dr Fonteyne and its worth it to have such a great family doctor

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016