You may also like

Dr Fonteyne used to be a great doctor. This last year has been awful! It's like he got too busy to really care anymore. He made so many mistakes with my meds, referral letter sent to specialist had a totally wrong reason why I was there. He doesn't listen anymore! It now takes a week to see him! I thought he was different but he's just like all the rest! He was my doctor for 20 years but not anymore.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I have been seeing this doctor for 20 years and have always trusted him until recently. He has caused me so much anxiety and pain and I will never see him again. He had me on 240 percocet a month for years and I came to him on my own and told him I would like to taper off. I tried to be honest and today he left me cold Turkey and suffering withdrawl effects that are enough to make me want to kill my self. My pharmacist told him what I was going through and he still refused to allow me to go through with my taper plan. I thought doctors were there to help and I thought any doctor would be more than willing to help a patient wean off of narcotics but I was wrong and I guess that's what I get for being honest. I had overlooked many mistakes he made in the past because I trusted him but now I see how wrong I was. One of the harshest things he said to me was after suffering over 15 years of chronic back pain which he himself told me would never go away, I mentioned going on disability as he knows I can't work and am struggling on income support and his exact words were "there are people drooling and in wheelchairs that don't get disability" after he prescribes me 240 oxycodone a month and gave me a handicapped parking pass. Wtf Dr Fonteyne!!!! My family and I are suffering so much because we trusted you and have always been honest with you. I'm extremely disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I have been going to see Doug for 10+ years, great guy, very knowledgeable, has good connections with other specialist, front counter staff a little testy at times. Can be tough to get in to see him when your sick, often have to go to a medi-centre, but for things that are not urgent Doug's the best!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. Fonteyne is a fabulous doctor. Wouldn't take my family anywhere else. Just wish he wasn't so buys and it wasn't so hard to get in to that you end up having to go to the walk-in clinic. We have been seeing him for 14 years now and other than being busy he is awesome. Always remembers your medical past. BUT the front desk help on the other had are absolutely awful. I am also an MOA and I could never imagine being that rude to anyone. Like really girls is your job that bad?? Your lucky to have one, and for such a great doc, be grateful!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I can't stand the girls at the counter. They make you feel like you are troubling them every time you call, check in or anything else for that matter. Dr. Fonteyne on the other hand is wonderful. Best Doctor ever!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

Always in a hurry. Do not feel he pays attention.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

We have been seeing Dr. Fonteyne sinc e he practiced in Castle Down. Followed him across the city. Would not trust my health or families health to anyone else. Always remembers everything going on and always there to help or advise who can help.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Doctor Fonteyne is a wonderful doctor with a great attitude and he is always a pleasure visiting. He takes care of me and helps with any ailments. Since he is such a busy doctor he is almost impossible to get a hold of and the front counter staff do not seem like they like their job very much, but they do it with professionalism which is great!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr. Fonteyne is amazing. Love how he is with the kids and myself. Never feel rushed or that my concerns are ridiculous etc. You could not ask for a better doctor or bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Douglas Fonteyne's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Fonteyne used to be a great doctor. This last year has been awful! It's like he got too busy to really care anymore. He made so many mistakes with my meds, r..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing this doctor for 20 years and have always trusted him until recently. He has caused me so much anxiety and pain and I will never see him again..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to see Doug for 10+ years, great guy, very knowledgeable, has good connections with other specialist, front counter staff a little testy at ti..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fonteyne is a fabulous doctor. Wouldn't take my family anywhere else. Just wish he wasn't so buys and it wasn't so hard to get in to that you end up having ..."

December 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I can't stand the girls at the counter. They make you feel like you are troubling them every time you call, check in or anything else for that matter. Dr. Font..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Always in a hurry. Do not feel he pays attention. "

November 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We have been seeing Dr. Fonteyne sinc e he practiced in Castle Down. Followed him across the city. Would not trust my health or families health to anyone else..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Fonteyne is a wonderful doctor with a great attitude and he is always a pleasure visiting. He takes care of me and helps with any ailments. Since he is s..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor!! Wish he took new patients because his just such an amazing doctor!"

November 6, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fonteyne is amazing. Love how he is with the kids and myself. Never feel rushed or that my concerns are ridiculous etc. You could not ask for a better do..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Has been my doctor for 16 years and is just fantastic. Has never been running behind more than a few minutes, and has the best bed side manner. Can't say a si..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Always an excellent visit. Answers all questions and I never feel rushed."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Always rushed, my son (15) had been in a double roll...his back ha been snapping and cracking since. This Dr did not even look at my son, asked if it hurt..my s..."

July 14, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.edmontonsouthsidepcn.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T6J 5M8". Address has been updated from "None" to "3803 Calgary Trail Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804628120".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr fonteyne has been our family dr for years and I wouldn't change him for the world. He is helpful knowledgable and he really listens to what is going on with ..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr, Fonteyne has always been helpful and informative. He always takes the time to listen. "

May 13, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fonteyne has been my family doctor for 20 years and he is nothing but the best. I have heard horror stories about the experiences of others with their Dr's ..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Staff NEEDS to go....trued explaining a request for appeal paperwork and was hung up on. Attempted to call back and they do not answer. Dr. Fonteyne is great bu..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "As soon as he took over my Dr's practice, he increased some of my dosages for no particular reason. Then he did it again a few years later. He also kept offer..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Easy staff to deal with. More importantly Dr. F has helped me and my family through multiple serious illness with respect and knowledge. Great Dr, even though i..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "He has been my doctor for many years. Now is my kids as well. Great DR. Staff needs to fired thou"

March 8, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Very good doctor! Hard to get àn appointment, !!!! "

March 8, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fonteyne is great. His clinic hours are hard to book in and his staff are so rude. If it weren't for the Doctors in this clinic, I wouldn't be going here. H..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Have been seeing Dr Fonteyne for about 5 years and hope to be seeing him for many many more. Very knowledgeable, cares about his patients and has a great sense ..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I started seeing Dr. Fonteyne very soon after he graduated from medical school. My regular doctor was booked one day and Dr. Fonteyne was free. I have never l..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Been going to him for years as my family doctor and is a very great doctor and a nice person!"

January 26, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fonteyne is an amazing doctor. He is kind, generous, knowledgable and right to the point. We love him as our family doctor!"

January 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding! Fantastic bed side manner. Extremely knowledgeable. Best my family has ever had!"

January 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome Doctor. Our family has been seeing him for about 23 years. He is knowledgeable . thorough and personable. He is very comforting when a issue arises and ..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fonteyne is a great doctor I will stay with him for as long as I can. But his staff is inconsiderate and hard to deal with."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fonteyne is fantastic. The front end staff could be a lot more friendly though."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He's amazing always makes you feel comfortable and never rushed. He's very caring and helpful."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Fonteyne is a great doctor....it is unfortunate the individuals working the front office,phones, files etc. are rude, and very clearly do not really care abo..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Fonteyne is awesome he doesn't rush you and makes you feel comfortable and at ease. And very knowledgeable"

November 24, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "The front end staff are always forgetting my paper work and have called me to come back to get the rest of it. There conversations while I sit in the waiting ro..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent physician. I am usually able to get in within reasonable time. Urgent issues I still take to the medi center. But he is very smart - and quick to answ..."

October 8, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I really like Dr. Fonteyne. He makes me feel comfortable all the time, and I feel at home with him. However if I had one criticism is that, he jumps to the poin..."

September 23, 2014