Ratings for Dr. Manoj Raval

Have known him for 8 years and 5 operations for Crohn's disease. Perfect operations, terrible disease that keeps leading me back to him. Wouldn't trust anyone else for operations - I know I'll need them in the future :( He says he doesn't read what people write about him on the internet but I have to print all of the glowing reviews and send them to his office. Except the one idiot who gave a negative review - it's about something that's not even his specialty! And his assistant Ann is an absolute gem. Sometimes long wait times at the clinic but that's because everyone wants to see him

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I was referred to this doctor for an endoscopy in December 2015. I received no reply and repeatedly phoned his office getting a messaging service. They never returned my calls. I eventually managed to contact one of his staff in June 2016 to be told they did not have me on any wait lists. I have written proof from my GP that they faxed my referral successfully to his office. They re referred me. I was told today, without this doctor have seen me or read my records, that I do not need an endoscopy and should see a ENT specialist. I am already waiting fro surgery from the head of ENT at VGH who says I need an endoscopy. This doctor and his staff are negligent and dangerous.

Submitted July 7, 2016

I would like to thank Dr. Raval and his nurse Ann for all of the wonderful care I have received over the last 9 months in their care. I was diagnosed with colon cancer and in total required 4 surgeries with the last 3 being done by Dr. Raval at St. Paul's hospital. The last surgery was a reconnection of the colon done in January 2016. I believe Dr. Raval is a very gifted surgeon, extremely knowledgeable and in addition to that he is a very compassionate doctor with an excellent bed side manner and terrific communication skills. He is truly gifted and I feel blessed that I was referred to him. If anyone is fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Raval I know they will be in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr. Raval is easily the best surgeon around. Two years ago, he preformed a bowel resection surgery to remove my active Crohn's disease. Leading up to the surgery, he was incredibly reassuring and patient while answering all the questions and concerns I had. Post-surgery, Dr. Raval would come by to check on me daily, and has the best bedside manner. He followed up with me for months following, just to make sure everything was still going smoothly. Thanks Dr. Raval!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

All the comments about Dr. Raval speak of his expertise but I would like to mention a very important quality as well. Dr. Raval has a wonderful empathetic manner that is very reassuring.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Dr. Raval Is the best of the best surgeons in Canada . my wife diognost with the Colon cancer last month at Royal Columbian hospital ,they sent us to one of the surgeon over there Dr. Connie chiu at the begining , she gave us lots of stress after she find out 1/4 of her colon has tumor she said is better to remove the all colon , my wife lost her energy and motivation after this news ,but one they when i looking for good surgeon in the internet i find this website and find the #1 surgeon which is Dr.Raval . we were so lucky Dr. Raval accept my wife for visit and after one week she had the colon surgery and he just remove 1/4 colon from her . she is good right know and i have to say . THANK YOU DEAR DR. RAVAL AND HIS TEAM FOR SUCH AMAZING JOB .

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Raval did my colorectal surgery in July 2013 as I was diagnosed with early stage colon cancer. Dr. Raval did an excellent job. I did not feel any pain at all after the surgery. A few months ago, I had a colonoscopy done. It appears that I am cancer free. I am so happy that Dr. Ravel and his team took very good care of me. Thank you, Dr. Ravel and your team.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I just had a five month check to see how the surgery had healed. I can't tell you how happy I was when I observed the images of the surgical site. Dr. Ravel did an amazing job of removing the very large polyp and suturing it so that the lining of the rectum remained smooth, just as if there had been no polyp there. I can highly recommend this surgeon, thank you Dr. Ravel.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I had TEM surgery this morning and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I was prepared for a more extensive surgery but to my delight my surgery seems to have been less extensive then what might have been. I am so happy that Dr. Ravel and his team took such good care of me. He is more personable than many other specialists. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

I felt very confident that should I need surgery for my problem I would be in very good hands. Was very kind and respectful.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2013