Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Banov

I had a great experience with this doctor. Granted, I have good knowledge of my situation and after much research, I was very much to the point on what I was looking for. This doctor listened, was helpful and my life was improved. I am unsure about the negative reviews, if you want touchy-feely, go to a therapist. Psychiatrists mostly prescribe meds, insurance companies don't pay them to do much else.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Banov has taken over $500,000 from pharmaceutical companies in the last 5 years. DO NOT SEE HIM. http://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=michael+banov&state%5Bid%5D=11&company%5Bid%5D=&period%5B%5D=&services%5B%5D=

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I saw Dr. Banov many years ago, from 2001-2006, but my experience stuck with me and I felt I needed to give some input on him. I was very young (under 18) while seeing him and I was unfortunately under the impression that this is what all psychiatrists were like. I found Dr. Banov to be cold, uncaring, and unhelpful. He has a terrible bedside manner. He took phone call during my appointment (which I see from newer reviews is inexplicably still happening), refused to listen to my opinions about my own mental health, told me how I felt (?!), and all around seemed to not care much about my issues. Seeing him was very frustrating and difficult for me as a teenager and I am so glad I went and found another doctor. Appointments were approximately 10 minutes, which in no way is enough time for a psychiatrist to get a good idea of your well-being. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Very helpful and kind

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Banov has been my doctor for about 10 years now. He listens and understands. I am grateful that I found him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Dr. Banov has very poor communication skills. He doesn't even pretend to be interested in what you have to say and often cuts you off abruptly. He takes phone calls during your visit, speaks condescendingly toward you, doesn't explain anything, and hurries you out the door. Although he may possess much knowledge in his field, he should just stick to research without seeing patients in-office.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Banov was cold, uncaring and above all arrogant. I will not return. He spoke few words, and had a negative disposition.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

The practioner we see is awesome. The staff sucks though. They overcharge you on your copay, even after they are notified they are overcharging you. The office staff should not be working with oeople who suffer from.any type mental illness.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2012

The worst experience.Had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment for my teen.Told I needed to pay for preliminary health tests that the internist said was not usual.Did that. Had them faxed over - the front office staff of course denied receiving them. They insisted on having them resent at the time of our visit which took a while. On the day of our visit waited almost two hours there to find out that despite what I was told our Doctor was not in network and they knew that at the time of the appointment but said she was. Regardless they could've told us that in the first 15 minutes of the wait and before they made us wait for an outside doctor to resend extraneous medical reports they couldn't even use. The kicker was after finding out the Dr. wasn't in network we were told we couldn't see her that day anyway because by then her next patient was there, and not allowed to make another appointment which would be in another 6 weeks because we wasted an hour of her time.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

Whatever you do, do NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR OR HIS OFFICE. Staff is rude as is he - they dont care about you - just your money!! They treat you like a chicken on an assembly line slaughter. You get 10 min and out the door. They dont return calls. Often you cant even see the doctor but you see a nurse or practitioner. Its been the worst experience I ever had with a psychiatrists office. They just dont care about you - just your cash or your insurance company...it just was such an awful feeling being there. Office is also old and dirty..Always pple in waiting room on hold calling insurance companies while their provider would peak out the door because their appointment time was running out. They honestly wouldnt care (or notice) if you killed yourself. We just had to leave because it was so terrible even though we couldnt afford anything else. Its just a bad scam and i would NEVER recommend anyone to go there. They never even took my history!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. Michael D. Banov's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company