Ratings for Dr. Donald E. McCanse

Great to work with. Staff is really nice. He will tell you everything you need to know up front.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Ideveloped ulcerative colits during a preganancy and Dr Mccanse gave me all my options and I chose to have the J pouch surgery in 91-92 vs. staying on steroids and all the meds. Til this day he is the only DR. I feel comfortable with and am willing to drive 1 hour to see him vs. seeing someone in my hometown. His Knowledge is overwhelming and he doesn't string you along. Had 2 children after my succesful surgery!! :)

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

I like this doctor although I did have some concerns with him. He is very blunt and tells it like it is but very knowledgable. The only issue I had was he was suppose to do my surgery but the week I wanted to schedule it he was on vacation and I kinda got tossed to another surgeon and that was it, which isnt a big deal but kind of felt like he was a little bit uncaring because instead of allowing me to reschedule the appt at a different time he just automatically gave me to another surgeon in his office. but I would go back to see him again.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

Very knowledgeable, took time to explain everything to me, surgery went excellent

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

flag | Submitted August 16, 2008

Dr. Donald E. McCanse's Credentials

• Illinois Medical College (Grad. 1976)