Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Roh

ACDF for C6-T1. Great experience with Staff and Michael. Only regret is I didn't get it done sooner.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I am a 47 yr. old male J. Valenzuela that searched for a Dr. That was good with back and spine issues, Dr. Michel S. Roh was referred to my wife who is in the medical field from a Dr. Who knew of Dr. Roh and the outstanding job he does in Surgery. When I first met Dr. Roh I was in extreme pain and taking quite a few meds to deal with the pain, not able to sleep, walk correctly, nor sleep for more then an hour at a time, after the 1st appt with Dr. Roh and seeing my X-rays it was apparent that the pain in my lower back that would shoot to my hips down my legs to my feet, was going to need surgery to repair. After a couple of visits in a timely manner, I was scheduled for surgery, even after hearing horrible back surgery stories thru my years of knowing close friends and relatives with almost similar pains, Dr. Michel S. Roh was very passionate and exact on what the procedure entailed and gained my trust with honesty and great knowledge....I sit here 6 weeks from the back surgery I had and Thank God for guiding me and my family to Dr. Roh. I have never felt better since the back pain started and has given me the confidence that I will be the same person I use to be, this survey is being sent out to others who are in pain or having back issues like I had and hope they will take the time to see Dr. Roh. Every part of the procedure from checking in to checking out of the Hospital and the follow up afterwards has been nothing but excellent. From encouragement to the comfort with the correct meds made the procedure 110% from Dr. Michel Roh Surgeon to Matt the PA, Casey RN, Sarah CNA, Chandra. Surgery scheduler and Amanda appt scheduler. They were all a pleasure to deal with and very professional. I had a very serious back injury going in to see Dr.Roh and now I look forward to feeling myself again due to his skills and knowledge with all the help from his staff and his gift of being in my opinion one of the best Surgeons dealing with back and spinal injuries. I cannot thank him enough and hope those that read this comment and having back issues that you give Dr. Roh a chance to make you feel as best you can with his help. Sincerely J. Valenzuela.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I cannot recommend Dr. Roh highly enough. I very recently underwent a procedure for a discectomy and the results were nothing less than miraculous. In a 20-minute surgery I got my life back. Dr. Roh is extremely professional, knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. His confidence and expertise are very calming. People may not associate Rockford IL with spine surgery, but I could not imagine going anywhere else. I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Roh, the Rockford Spine Center, and OSF.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Roh performed a double disc removal and fusion of my C5-C7. Although a scary procedure to me, Dr. Roh and his staff provided the confidence to me to go forward. God works miracles in many different ways and Dr. Roh and his staff were part of the miracle that helped me regain my health for the activities I love in my life.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. Roh performed spinal fusion surgery on my neck 5 weeks ago, and I am happy to report that I am pain free after suffering with pain for the past 20 years. I am so grateful to him and his crew for their awesome work. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr Roh took my condition very seriously. I was in a lot of pain when I saw him the first time. He got me into surgery as quickly as he could. Because of that, I was able to make a FULL recovery. Everyone I dealt with was very knowledgeable and kind. They all made me feel safe during the entire procedure. I left the hospital in less pain than I had when I entered his office the first time. I am thankful to God for Dr Roh because I was able to get my life back. 5 months post surgery I am better than I have felt in years. I would recommend him to everyone I know. He's the best at what he does.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Dr. Roh and his staff is knowledgeble and understandig of patient needs. Dr Roh has a wonderful bedside manner and doesnt rush you. He always asks if you have any other questions before he leaves the room.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

The staff are amazing and very polite. The Doctor exsplained everything to you and answered all my questions. His knowledge makes you feel very comfortable in knowing he will take good care of you and help you in anyway he can. The staff are also there to help you in anyway they can and always polite and thoughtful

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Dr. Roh and his staff are wonderful. You cannot find a better surgeon or support staff.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

I have had some sort of back pain for as long as I can remember. Last fall I started having pain in my legs and back - but it was different. I tried to ignore it, hoping it would pass. After much prodding from my husband this summer, I went to my current Family Medicine provider to see about the pain. She sent me for a CAT scan, and once she received the results, asked me if I had a preference for an orthopedic provider. I asked her who she would go see if she needs a provider. Dr Roh was who she recommended. He and his staff actually care about their patients. Dr Roh took the time to fully explain my options to my husband and me. I had surgery about 10 weeks ago and what pain there is, is due to healing and getting muscles to do things they haven’t done in years. I am looking forward to the rest of my life and all the things I will be able to do. Dr Roh and his staff have given me back my life!!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Michael S. Roh's Credentials

• Brown Univ Program In Med, Providence Ri 02912 (Grad. 1995)