Ratings for Dr. Joe Tumilty

He is condescending and patronizing towards patients and other medical professionals and their opinions. He is absolutely due for a reprimand for his lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2019

Worst experience with a dr ever! Had the nerve to tell me that my injury that was diagnosed and backed up by 5 physicians and physiotherapist couldn't be my actual issue because it would only happy to someone who is 40. He didnt examine me or order any imaging, felt like I was nothing more then a number to him. Stay away he's useless

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

after talking to him i am sure he works for the works man comp board . not the worker s side .had the same personalty as the W C B PAYROLL DOCTOR FOR SURE . ANTI WORKER

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

Piece of work COCKY LOOKS DOWN ON OTHER DOCTORS OPINIONS

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

I saw Dr. Tumilty in March of 2018 as she had a broken ankle. He put a cast on for 4 weeks. After that he took an xray, said it was healed and told her not necessary for a walking boot or physiotherapy. He was very rude and condescending to both myself and my daughter. Basically told her to walk on it and suck it up. She continued to have pain and when I asked him fpr something for pain he laughed and said.....No.....havent you heard of the opiod crisis. My daughter is a first year University student at Memorial Universality. My doctor has referred her to another orthopedic surgeon as neither one of us feels that Tumilty was competent or even polite. We will never see this man again . Horrible experience for both of us.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2019

Dr Tumilty is very rude and arrogant he will never be seeing anyone in my family of four again. In 2016 I took my 16 year old daughter to visit him because she was having trouble with her knee, falling down alot and pain. He sent his intern in first then he came in and was very insulting to us about our leg size, told her she was over weight and had lazy muscle in her upper femur , told her if she fell to suck it up , get up and walk on. To go to physio .All we wanted was an MRI but nope nothing just rudeness . Well a year later she is now going for her second knee surgery because of a massive Giant Cell Tumor which has eaten most of her knee. Hope I never get to meet him again and like the person said before his place working should be the Morgue or no where near people. A***

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Dr. T did my knee replacement. Excellent results! ! I also see him on a quarterly basis to get needles in my shoulders. Will continue to see him in the future for my RA. Bedside manner is great!!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

Dr Tumily did my knee recently and the results are excellent! His staff were very good as well.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Dr.Tumility did my hip replacement and the revision to correct the faulty cup. I had no issues with him. He doesn’t beat around. Up front. Enjoyed my time their with all the staff and the Doctor himself. Bedside manner was not an issue for me as I just wanted my hip fixed. Thanks Dr.Tumility and staff.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Great surgeon.. replaced both my knees and a hip...took the time to explain the procedures... no complications... the hospital was great as well...minimal wait time between procedures (3 months)... nursing staff and physio were great as well except (2nd knee) an older nurse who though she was doing me a favor (god love her) by not giving me all my prescribed pain meds...as she said "she was trying to wean me off them"....thus I was in constant pain and could not do physio.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017