Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Berger

When I made the decision to have total knee replacement, I knew I wanted Dr Richard Berger to perform the surgery because of so many positive reports from friends. I am day 1 after surgery, and I am very pleased so far. I am following the post-op instructions exactly as prescribed, and I am expecting great results. I have been so impressed by his staf’s very prompt response to my questions, and their professional kindness and concern for my successful recovery. I was also very appreciative and impressed that Dr. Berger came to give my husband a post-op report, and came to see me in the recovery room, also , after surgery. So far, this experience has exceeded my expectations, and I have already recommended Dr. Berger and his staff to several friends. I’m looking forward to a pain-free knee soon with much gratitude to Dr Berger and his wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Dr. Berger is a Social Psychopath, and has no sympathy, patience and has no post surgery skills. Dr. Berger’s Staff follow a post surgery script consisting of a narco regiment to avoid addressing and the problem. I’m 7 months post surgery and headed to Hospital for Special Surgery to repair the damage Dr Berger knee replacement surgery has caused. Do extensive research on Dr Berger and don’t make the mistake I did.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

Unbelievable doctor, team and results. Flew home the next day and once I was home I walked unassisted by myself. 8 weeks later I was playing full court basketball.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Had my knee replaced I've 10 years ago and it still going strong. Thanks doc.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I had a total hip replacement 3 days ago. The results are everything promised and more. I am a physician with 27 years experience. I went to Dr. Berger for his technical expertise. He answered all my questions at the pre op visit. He came to my room before surgery and offered to answer more questions. He met with my brother in the waIting room after surgery. Overall I spent enough time with Dr. Berger and never felt rushed. However, we did not chit chat, we discussed the procedure thoroughly, that's what I paid him for. My alignment and leg length is perfect. I reminded myself of the countless hours he spent perfecting this procedure without earing a dime. He surrounds himself with an amazing team that did ALL the little things I needed - they were spectacular, top to bottom, beginning to end. My doctor friends, nurses, and therapists are totally amazed at my outcome. I have no pain and I walk great. This procedure gets 10 out of 10 from me.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

The best in this business ! The nurses and staff don't get any better

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I had my hip surgery 6 months ago and it honestly was the best thing I did. This time last year I could barely walk and was in a lot of pain, since my hip surgery I have been on 2 yoga retreats, have more flexability then I have had in 10 years and can wear my high heels again!. He is a nice, funny brisk man, do not expect alot of personal Doctor one on one ( he is a surgeon not a family doctor). Do see him if you want a kind, professional team guiding you through every aspect of the procedure and a skilled surgeon with great results.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

My husband waited 3 months for an appointment with Dr. Richard Berger because he was recommended by a friend and he is part of Rush. I accompanied him to the appointment. The staff is awesome, no waiting, friendly and considerate. After the x-rays, we were brought into an exam room when one of his "fellows" walks in and examines my husbands leg. Points out a few things, husband has experienced cellulitis several years ago, therefore his leg is big. Dr. Berger walks in, says hello, asks a few questions and walks out. Next thing you know, my husband is being pawned off on another Dr., why? I don't know...Dr. Berger does the same procedures as the other Dr. who happens to only be employed there for a year, yet claims that Dr. Berger trained him over 10 years. We didn't get to choose. No explanation whatsoever! A total waste of time. I would not recommend Dr. Berger to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr. Berger told me I needed both hips and knee's replaced. I went to 2 other Orthopedic Surgeon's who told me my hips were fine. I would not trust him, get a second opinion. It is like an assembly line he seems to only care about money.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

If you want to feel like just a number, have him do your surgery. I picked up the Mersa virus/staff infection at Rush while there for surgery. Not even a call from him to see how I was doing after I was home. . When his nurse called, she told my family not to worry, that fever and chills and shaking are normal. The next day I went to Glenbrook hospital ER and spent two days recovering. I would never recommend this group for any surgery because you are just one of 1,800 patients he treats annually.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Richard A. Berger's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1989)