Ratings for Dr. William P.G. Black

When it comes to rating Dr. Black. I'm simply speechless. Words cannot adequately describe this wonderful academic. -- I was new to Canada in 1987. He was my only doctor until I moved to the US in 1994. -- Phil, his secretary as indeed the other staff members were always extremely nice to me...! -- If it were possible, I would grant Dr. Black all of 10-STARS. I wish him many years of a quality retirement...!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

He left his practice to help people with addiction the best doctor any person can have.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Black has been a good physician with knowledge of various medications that one may need to treat an illness. He always took the time to understand ongoing issues within my life and would remember past circumstances and would take the time to even enquire how things have changed that would affect me. He cared. He did everything to assist his patient. Would explain things. Would inquire, where I may have forgotten. He was understanding in mental and physical issues. At times, the both together affecting ones well being. I had to change to another doctor and was so insulted when he bad mouthed Dr. Black and was ignorant at my first/last appointment with this so called doctor. I will miss Dr.Black as my doctor simply because of location change. I'm still seeking a doctor and my hope is that I would be able to find one similiar to the care Dr. Black did give. I last heard that Dr.Black was ill and may be retiring due to illness. My hope is that he would be well taken care of.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr Black has been my family doctor for 25 years. I could not ask for a better doctor He always demonstrates great compassion and care for his patients. I appreciate his kindness, humility and dedication. Dr Black is a jewel in our community, and we are so fortunate to have him amongst us.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Doctor Black is one of the nicest doctor's their is, he is always helpful,and always ready to lend a hand. He always treats you as if he's your best friend, and always has really good advice. I wish that he would not retire so soon from the college office. He deserves nothing but the best in life. I hope he has a wonderful retirement.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

There is no surprise that patients have a negative concept about the secretary. She does speak a few languages however is her rude and imposing behaviour that is bothersome not to mention her sneaky ways. Of course she can be nice to the patients she likes even go out of her way so that they have access to the doctor but to the ones she may not like just be ware. If you are ill and in need of medical help like most people who go to a doctor's office, she may not be the most helpfull secretary to get you appointments if you are waiting to see a specialist which makes your recovery not an easy path when you are already looking for medical advice.It is not surprising that people write good comments about her, you want to be on her good side since she can be very fickle and lots depends on her liking you. She is very aware of her influence and she likes to use it to the extend she is allowed to use it.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

I'm really surprised to see the comment about his secretary since she has always been accomodating to me and my family. Respect goes a long way with her. Being gifter with language she's able to help patient who have no one to translate. Dr. Black has always shown a lot of patience and his communication skills are outstanding. Caring is the word to describe him.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Very good Doctor. This type of Doctors has been disappearing...unfortunately.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Doctor Black is spending so much time away from his office it is diificult to see him at times.after a couple of weeks in the office he gets another week off, and then sometimes he doesn't show up when you have an appointment, the secretary will tell you that he did not come in that day. on a different note the secreatary is rude, unhelpfull and has an overbearing predisposition rushing peolple in and out of the office, people are very quiet in the office as if one cannot talk. if she doesn't like something she will very rudly tell you what to do or not to do. At times I heve seen her deming people like if she thinks somebody smells she will get a spray and actually spray where the person was sitting and go inside the doctors office and spray inside. On a good note latelly she hasn't been having that many shouting fignts with patients when she lets them know what she thinks and put them in their palce. how can such nice doctor have somebody like her working for him?

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

afer 30 years with the same Dr what can I say . Truly the best Dr/person Iknow.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011