Ratings for Dr. Ulupi A. Choksi

I've been seeing Dr. Chokis for about three years and have nothing bad to say about her, she is wonderful. So was her former PA Sherry and the new PA. The issue is with the office staff. About a year ago, she went through a complete staff change and they are absolutely horrible. Very unprofessional and all you hear from the office manager is apology after apology. Both my sister and I have decided to not go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Choksi for a little over a year. Dr. Choksi is always great when I actually get to see her. When I started going to her I would see her every visit and not her PA. The PA she had at the time was the rudest person I have ever dealt with at a doctor's office. She talked to me like I was an idiot, treated me as though I was a burden, and left me in tears after almost every interaction. The PA left her office after a few months, thank goodness. It was about 6 months after that when she got a new PA who is so sweet and caring...love her and that is who I see almost every visit, not per my request. The reason I am considering switching is due to the rest of the office staff. The front office girl is a nightmare. She has the worst attitude and shows no interest in being helpful. There systems have been down the last few times I've gone in and she says each time she would call me to schedule my next appointment, and to no surprise, she never does. Anytime I call and leave a msssage with the answering service I have NEVER received a returned call. It's sad when I know going into an appointment that I am going to be made to feel like a burden and incompetent at some point. I would continue to see Dr. Choksi if her office staff were better.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I was left without insulin for 4days because the Dr decided not to approve my refills. I have only ever missed one appointment due to unemployment and loss of insurance and I rescheduled before the missed appointment. She didn't even call me, she waited 4 days and called the pharmacy to inform them of her disapproval of the refill. In the interim I called her office 3 times and was told they would " take care" of it. I need insulin to live, it's not for recreational. Needless to say, I went to another Dr. And will NOT be going there again.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

The following occurred: - They changed locations & never advised. - Antibodies blood results were SIX times normal level & Choski did not advise of Hashimoto's (thyroid autoimmune disorder). - Called in on a daily basis for weeks;. I finally got through to answering service & left a message about antibodies three separate times...Never recieved reply. - Retained medically unsafe TSH level by recommending continued overdose of Synthroid. Negligent & unprofessional staff. Finally resigned to the incompetence. Went in to ask for HIPAA form...Staff was confused & verbally argued that I could ask for my own records.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I needed to make you aware of the following irregularities encountered at Dr. Choksi’s office. I do not want anybody else to be harmed in any way or go through what I went through. Over the course of several months , I was misdiagnosed at Dr. Ulupi Choksi's office on October 8 ,2015 with type-2 diabetes and high cholesterol, all of which turned out to be false. For over a year, Dr. Choksi had been treating me for thyroid issues. I would check my levels with her every time after my lab work. Dr. Choksi was always polite and timely. I used her husband’s lab (GHPMA located at 9201 Pinecroft, The Woodlands, TX), except on one occasion in September 2015 I used Lab Corp., a competing laboratory. When I went into her office in early October 2015, she went over the results with me and diagnosed me with type-2 diabetes and high cholesterol. Due to the fact that my father is diabetic (he lost his leg to this disease) and my mother has heart problems, Dr. Choksi warned me about the risks. I did not understand how this could be possible when I had been eating healthier than ever. Dr. Choksi said to stop taking levothyroxine due to my “new diabetic condition”. She immediately recommended a nutritionist that she knew and on my way out the cashier tried to sell me the diabetes products that Dr. Choksi had in her office. I told her that Dr.Choksi said not to take any medicine yet and to wait for the next appointment in January 2016. Needless to say I went home very concerned. I researched the potential risks of having type-2 diabetes and heart problems. The future did not look bright for me. After a month I asked for a copy of my lab results since I did not have them and wanted to see them myself. The office staff is not professional.I did not receive them the first time I asked, so after a couple of weeks I asked the office again. They said they had mailed them but had the wrong address. Another month later, the office finally sent me a copy along with some diabetic literature; but not the glucose results. I called the office to inquire about them. I only had one page, showing my thyroid results and the diabetes literature. After the receptionist had me on the line for 45 minutes on November the 9th, she said she could not give me a copy of my results and that the “Doctor said to wait until your next appointment, because things might have changed with my new diet habits.” The receptionist also said “Sweetie, I can tell you are freaking out by your diagnosis and you do not need to, just wait until your next appointment.” I was upset that they could not give me a copy, not “freaked out” by my diagnosis. I then went to another doctor and had new labwork done. He told me I had nothing, no diabetes, no cholesterol, no thyroid problems. If Dr. Choksi would have acknowledged that they misread or confused my results with that of another patient, I could have trusted them again, but the lack of honesty is unbelievable. When I asked the receptionist if my results could have been confused with another patient, she ignored me.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

Horrible doctor who took advantage of us. She prescribe medication, which cost $223.00 for 15 days. I will never go to her again. Extremely unpleasant experience.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

The office manager is horrible! This practice is run like a cattle call. You see Dr Choksi on your initial visit then it's a nurse practitioner from there on out. I am paying for a specialist I expect to see a specialist. Too many unnecessary tests. Tried to say I had nodules that could be cancerous and turned out I didn't. Don't waste your time or health on this practice!

Submitted July 16, 2015

I've been a patient since 8/2005. Dr. Choksi's staff is extremely courteous, helpful and professional. I like the PA, Sherry very much. I have never had a negative experience when visiting Dr. Choksi or the office staff. Keep up the GREAT WORK!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

was a patient there for 10+ years. always a wait and many personnel turnovers in that time period. billing is a mess (lab billing from her office, office billing from another place) which makes it quite confusing for the patient. i am leaving dr choksi's practice because she was unwilling to help with an RX issue before leaving the country for extended period. i called when i discovered my mail order pharmacy had shorted me and i was leaving the country the following day. she did not return my call so i called answering service and she refused to speak to me. it is a costly, MAJOR ORDEAL to ship medicine into a third world country and it could have been easily resolved with one call to my local pharmacy. i wrote dr. choksi and explained why i would no longer be her patient (basically her unreasonableness and refusal to help me when i was in a huge bind). my letter received no reply. not surprising, since she never learned my name in all the years i was her patient.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

I have been there a few times - the wait is always long however ANY endocrinologist has long wait times. I lived in OH, GA and now TX. Same thing in every state. I feel the doctor is knowledgeable and very detailed. I like the PA very much! She is who I see the most. I have never had an issue with any of the staff members, not once. Nor have I had any issues or bad experiences with having my blood drawn. Two thumbs up for me, my A1C has gone from an 8 down to a 6.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Dr. Ulupi A. Choksi's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Shenandoah, TX