Ratings for Dr. George Jollymore

Doctor Jollymore was the best, of the best. He worked very, very long hours to see everyone. He is the last of the greats , 51 years of long hard hours. He never turned people away. He was my family Doctor for most of those 51 years and he is greatly missed. I wish him all the best on his well deserved retirement. Enjoy Dr. J.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

Dr.Jollymore is now retired.. tho' appointment were always late...one would just have to cal ahead and would be informed how late he was running.. LATE..because he takes time with every single patient as well as answers random phone calls from his patients as well.. He always ensures that evryone receives proper and thorough care.. although as I have already stated..As of Oct 31 he is RETIRED>

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Jollymore has been a wonderful doctor to me. I have found him to be very open minded, thoughtful, and caring to the point of fault. He delivered my first child many years ago and more recently he has helped me through a life threatening medical condition that was left untreated by the interns after being released from ICU. When I was badgered by a male chauvinist 'specialist' from S. Africa that Dr. J had referred me to, Dr. J was very apologetic and said, he's not like us. You don't have to see him again. He has always treated me with respect. I am not related to Dr. J and I don't work for him either. I feel that some of the comments below are completely out of character for Dr. J, and I have known him for a long time. He has a large practice, that he has maintained over the years. He has prolonged his retirement for the concern of his patients. I am quite upset in my loss of a great doctor but at the same time I'm happy for him because his retirement is well deserved. There was never a need to wait at his office waiting to be seen by him, when his staff will tell you when to come there by a phone call. He was always worth the wait. Happy retirement Dr. J : ))

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Jollymore is an aged and proudly sexist man who stupidly stereotypes his female patients, thereby providing them with lazy and inept diagnoses and recommendations—to the detriment of many. He believes he is above reproof, so he does not mind behaving unjustly or harmfully toward these valuable members of his community. He is unworthy of the trust or respect of women. He requires discipline. At his stage of life, mandatory retirement is likely the only solution.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

With regards to the below comment- don't expect an apology or any admission of a mistake made- he is old school and will Never admit to making an error- ever. Furthermore it is obvious to me that some of the glowing reports below have been obviously written by his staff. He is 80 and needs to retire soon before he ruins his reputation.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

Dr. Jollymore was misinformed about my older brother’s death and started labelling me with the same illness he believed my brother had. Dr. Jollymore bullied me! Doctor Jollymore does not even know my family history or me, and he was a brute with no respect for a wronged patient. He believed that my dead sibling had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and had killed himself due to it. This is blatantly untrue. BTW, I am healthy, well educated, have never used any drugs, do not drink, break no laws, hurt no one, and respect all life--including my own. Dr. Jollymore needs more scruples and sense. CAN he admit it and apologize when he is wrong?

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

He has been my doctor for 31 years. He may not be ontime but he is very precise and knowledgeable. He will be greatly missed when he finally retires :(

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Great doctor! He genuinely cares and takes his time with everyone, which is why there is a wait. Call before your appointment time so you can do other things until he's ready to see you. He makes big sacrifices in his own personal life for the health of his patients. Even though he has a large practice, he will not turn anyone away if you live in the area. Knowledgeable, professional, warm and witty. One time when 2 interns at the hospital screwed up, he saved the day! Thanks Dr. J.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I will not go to Dr. Jollymore even if he is the only one on call. NEVER on time. I was very sick and he didnt want to give me medicine. I went back twice in 1 1/2 weeks. Still didnt think I needed it. Finally got into see my family doctor and she gave me pills right away. I was not please. Waste of time because you end up waiting for hours, might as well go to the ER.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

when i was 10 in 1967 i went to dr jollymore, then never seen him again till 1997.he is the most caring and helpful dr i have ever seen and i reilly dont think i would be alive today if not for him.i hope god finds a way to keep him with us for another 100 years please.thankyou is not enough but its all i have that he needs so thanks a million dr jollymore for taking care of me and my daughter.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011