Ratings for Dr. Pat Harris

I am a 15 yr cancer survivor thanks to Dr. Harris. I was originally misdiagnosed and she took the time to check that out before starting treatment. I was in an advanced stage of lymphoma and the other Dr. I saw told me to go home and settle my affairs I had about 3 months to live. I found her to be very informative and no nonsense. I thank God for her every day.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Harris upon my breast cancer diagnosis in early 2016. I read the posts in here before seeing her and I was terrified. I was pleasantly surprised. I found Dr. Harris to be amazingly kind and professional. She tells it like it is - which I appreciated. I am Stage 3 and she feels I have a good chance to beat this. I continue to see her for regular CT's and blood work to ensure the cancer has not spread. I look forward to my appointments with her as a reassurance that things are ok with my health. Once you are diagnosed - your life is never the same. Since my diagnosis I lost my mom with colon cancer. Dr Harris and her staff were incredibly kind to me during this horrible time. She also sent me for a prompt colonoscopy to ensure I was clear. She also has an amazing Social Worker working for her who has been a huge help to me in dealing with my own cancer and the unexpected loss of my mom. Thank goodness for Dr. Harris!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

This person absolutely destroyed my trust in doctors . I can't even bring myself to refer to her as a doctor as 'do no harm' is the complete opposite of what I experienced with her. My own doctor apologized for referring me to her after reading the letter she wrote to him. She either does not realize how much damage she causes or she just doesn't care. Those that post positive comments I don't doubt you have had a positive experience however I and so many others have not. I can only speak for myself and in my case I had a difficult to diagnose disease. I finally got a proper diagnosis from another doctor. It is damaging to a patient to be blamed and shamed by a doctor for being sick. If a doctor doesn't know what is wrong then just say I don't know instead of blaming the patient.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

As I said, I have had no dealings with her but I am a volunteer driver with cancer care and I am speaking on behalf of the people that I have driven to see her but I guess that doesn't count.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

My mother saw Dr. Harris and was immediately confident in her because of her direct and no-nonsense approach. Dr. Harris was thorough and made sure that she had good eye contact with my mother, and that my mother understood exactly what was being said. My mother is not easily impressed, and she also was pleased that Dr. Harris had a dry sense of humour. Very positive experience!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Harris. Very straight forward and to the point. She also has a great sense of humour

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Took me off of blood thinners. Had a stroke shortly after. Very fortunate to still be alive

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Ignored my husband's symptoms for years and as things became more and more evident (to us) that things were getting worse. We tried getting an earlier appointment with Dr. Harris but her *itch of a receptionist was rude and uncooperative. He had to take 6 months off work because he was too weak to work and then ended up retiring early ... Finally we went to St. Boniface Emergency and got referred to another doctor. He received units of blood and is getting ongoing treatment now for his condition. Things he should have had done months, if not years ago. Dr. Harris is indifferent in the care of her patients and should be reprimanded by the College.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I recently took my mother to see Dr. Harris. My Mom was very apprehensive and concerned about the diagnosis of her issues. Dr. Harris was very prompt and kind and which put her at ease right away. She took the time to listen to my Mom's concerns and addressed each one in a very professional manner mixed in with a little humor which helped tremendously! she referred my Mom to another specialist for a condition which was out of her realm of expertise. Thanks you Dr. Harris for a great experience. Sincerely, Jan K.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

have been seeing her for 7 years and she has just referred me to cancer care. I can tell you she is through and to the point. I think if you are booked to see her you are in good hands. She is in my mind a credit to her field ( Michael Thom)

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016