Ratings for Dr. Glenda Buchik

Dr. Buchik is very understanding, kind and very caring. Talking with Dr Buchik is like talking to a friend. She makes you feel very comfortable. She has gotten me to open up and talk about things I have kept inside for a long time. She is amazing.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr Buchik is a great Doctor. She is so easy to talk to. Makes you feel very comfortable. She has helped me through a lot of situations. Glenda is kind, patient and very helpful. I wish I had someone like her years ago. She never rushes you out.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I find Dr. Buchik very kind and easy to talk with. She gives you some book references which are helpful. After 3 or 4 visits its likes chatting with a friend. She will never rush you out. I

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

'Treatment' from this 'psychiatrist' could be compared to being in a twilight zone. I saw her approximately 4 times before I decided she was clearly not a healthy functioning Dr. There were very long delays between appointments, as Glenda explained at the end of each session she would be on holidays during the following 2-4 weeks. When she was able to fit me in, it seemed as if it was the first time she was meeting me. It was obvious she did not take the time to quickly scan my file before entering her room, as each visit consisted of me telling her what issues I was trying to manage; and there was no sense that anything I said was triggering any type of memory of content previous visits. The true and almost unbelievable ending of our 'work' together was: on my third session Glenda wrote me an Rx for Olanzipine. (It is important to state I was struggling with depression and anxiety, which I had repeatedly advised her). I had never experienced psychosis, delusions, loss of sense of reality. I was familiar with this particular drug and potential side effects as a friend who was diagnosed with schizophrenia had been prescribed this medication. I understand drugs are often used off label, and I was not being diagnosed with anything aforementioned. However, understanding the very debilitating possible side effects, I felt very upset, began to cry and expressed my feelings of concern. Glenda insisted and wrote an Rx. I filled Rx and took as PRESCRIBED BY her. Another month passed before I was able to get an appointment. As usual, Glenda appeared nor to have recognition of me or my issues. She proceeded to ask same questions and asked what medication(s) I was taking. I had reported this in writing upon intake and all sessions. When I said I was taking Olanzipine, Glenda looked very concerned and asked how often I took the drug. I advised her I was taking daily as prescribed by HER. She proceeded to tell me I needed to stop taking this drug due to possible very negative side effects! She wrote the Rx! I had the bottle with the label with her name as the prescibing Dr. Did I mention twilight zone? That was obviously my last appt with her. Looking back, I'm very regretful I did not document this with the college of physicians and surgeons. Upon seeing my GP and explaining what had transpired, my GP expressed deep concern and something was mentioned to the effect I was able to see Buchik more readily as her schedule just wasn't as full as most psychiatrists. My GP apologized for ever writing a referral for Buchik. Please beware Buchik may need help with her sense of reality. She is dangerous.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

She's excellent. Easy to talk to. Helped me for sure. Like many psychiatrists, she doesn't have a staff (ever seen the psychiatrist episodes on "Two & a Half Men"? It's set up just like that ... you never see who is in her office w/ her when you are in her waiting room; they leave, then she invites you in; privacy is certainly respected). So, when you call, just leave a phone message, and she'll call you back later that day, or even the next day; but don't fret, she'll call. She may not be taking new patients at this time (her msg will say whether or not she is), but if she is, I certainly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Extremely caring and able to converse easily, like sitting with a good friend, Dr. Buchik has helped me to get through many rough patches. She has opinions about things that she shares, but is happy to here your opinions too. She is very aware of her prescriptions, and is able to give you answers to why you are experiencing difficulties. I found her reassuring, and non-judgmental about me in general, although she has made judgements about actions or choices that she deems unsuitable. She is not one who just coddles, you, she actually deals with what you have going on, and focuses on what you need to do to make changes or improvements.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr. Buckik seems to be very, very emphatic about women's issues and rights. I am a woman but she is too militant about how I should feel about my femininity. She hates to be wrong, if you correct her about things you've said, she will argue it? Doesn't seem like appropriate professional, caring practice to me. I would not recommend her to someone who is suffering and needs some emotional encouragement.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Dr B is a professional and compassionate physician. I have found her to be very up to date on medications and is quick to explain the hows and whys of the drugs she prescribes or does not prescribe. Her observations are astute and I have come to value her opinion and advice.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Dr. Buchik seems more comfortable managing medications than talking to people.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2008

Seeing her is more like sitting down with a good friend than seeing a psychiatrist. Very kind, caring, compassionate, knowledgeable and an awesome listener. Very easy to talk to. Thank you Dr Buchik!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008