Ratings for Dr. Mark H. Gonzalez

Dr. Mark Gonzalez and the Illinois Home and Joint Institute are polished and professional. If you want a knee replacement, it's probably a great place to go. HOWEVER, if you want to explore other ways of relieving pain without having to endure the barbaric practice of someone sawing your bones apart, don't even walk through the door. I am 53 and I have knee pain. He looked at my xrays and came into the room and briskly announced that I need a complete knee replacement in both knees. I said that I'm interested in something WAY LESS invasive and he very condescendingly said "I can give you a shot if you want it but you need a knee replacement." Dr. Gonzalez is not the doctor for someone who wants to be a participant in her own healing process, that's for sure! I was very disappointed and angry, but it motivated me to be more aggressive in finding alternative treatments and that's the only positive outcome!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

DOctor performed my wrist surgery. Very good doctor in his field. My insurance as running out so i needed a fast surgery scheduled he made me wait only a weeks before doing it. Besides his office running behind usually, he is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

HEARTLESS, no concern for a patients distress. This Dr. told me he would do a hip replacement on me and when I asked when he said he did not know. I didn't even get a follow up appointment in a few months to get an update or anything. He didn't even care of how much pain I was in he just blew me off. To come to find out that he didn't even have me down for surgery he just said he could do it and never even examined me and helped in anyway.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Dr. Mark H. Gonzalez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)