Ratings for Dr. Mark H. Gonzalez

I was the first one in the office at 7:15 am for an 8 am orthopedic appointment. Dr. Mark H Gonzalez did not arrive until 9:15 am and took 4 patients ahead of me although, I was the first patient to sign in. I was placed into a room at 9:30am and Dr. Gonzalez was rude and condescending. He overlooked my concern about the wait and told me to "have a seat, just wait and think about what your parents done with you." When he returned at 10:15 am I asked him why was my wait so long and why I had been seen after the other people who arrived after me and he said" Look at what type of insurance you have besides I see a lot of people." Regardless, of what time of insurance I have a am a patient with medical needs just like the other patient who came after me. Dr. Gonzalez in NOT the doctor to service the people of a lower income status. I was and still am very disappointed, hurt and angry about this visit with Dr. Mark Gonzalez and the mannerisms that he displayed. I have reported him to the Assistant Administrative and will report him to the head of the department as well.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr. Mark Gonzalez and the Illinois Home and Joint Institute are polished and professional. If you want a knee replacement, it's probably a great place to go. HOWEVER, if you want to explore other ways of relieving pain without having to endure the barbaric practice of someone sawing your bones apart, don't even walk through the door. I am 53 and I have knee pain. He looked at my xrays and came into the room and briskly announced that I need a complete knee replacement in both knees. I said that I'm interested in something WAY LESS invasive and he very condescendingly said "I can give you a shot if you want it but you need a knee replacement." Dr. Gonzalez is not the doctor for someone who wants to be a participant in her own healing process, that's for sure! I was very disappointed and angry, but it motivated me to be more aggressive in finding alternative treatments and that's the only positive outcome!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

DOctor performed my wrist surgery. Very good doctor in his field. My insurance as running out so i needed a fast surgery scheduled he made me wait only a weeks before doing it. Besides his office running behind usually, he is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

HEARTLESS, no concern for a patients distress. This Dr. told me he would do a hip replacement on me and when I asked when he said he did not know. I didn't even get a follow up appointment in a few months to get an update or anything. He didn't even care of how much pain I was in he just blew me off. To come to find out that he didn't even have me down for surgery he just said he could do it and never even examined me and helped in anyway.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Dr. Mark H. Gonzalez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Pacificare