Ratings for Dr. Ralph Kazer

I'm 34 year old female who was unable to conceive naturally due to male factor infertilty. I am now 16 weeks pregnant on my very first IVF cycle thanks to Dr. Kazer. I picked Northwestern due to their excellent SART scores. I would recommend this office to anyone dealing with infertility who lives is the Chicago area. I have read a lot of complaints about Dr. Kazer's bedside manner and the factory-like feel of this office. I understand where the reviews are coming from, but it didn't bother me. I liked the the anonymity of being one of many struggling couples. They are very busy trying to get a lot women pregnant and they do it a organized manner. If you are really struggling emotionally I recommend you seek out their counselors immediately to get the support you need. I do wish Dr. Kazer communicated with me more during the process, but it doesn't bother me now that I know it worked. It might be best to let them just work their magic on you and try not to worry. :)

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

I am 29, my diagnosis is husband has low count and that is it. After 2 years we produced 49 embryos. All I have to show for it is heartache. I'm betting your case is a little more difficult than mine. So good luck to you if you decide to go here. This is a one size fits all IVF. You are a number here. The retrieval/procedure room is like a cattle call you all lay in beds next to each other getting harvested one after the other. Still gives my chills. I am so pissed at myself for wasting so much time with this RE. I switched RE's and I am now pregnant with twins on the first try and all my embryos made it to blast. Do your homework check the SART ratings before you do anything. Private practices are usually better. The hospitals have to much ego and red tape to go through to ever see you as anything less than a research opportunity.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

He didn't know how to do my operation, said his "friend" would be doing the tubal repair surgery, then "threw in a tummy tuck," when he knew I was there to get be able to get pregnant I lived in chronic pain for decades because of the scar tissue and poorly performed surgery. He wrecked my life.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. Ralph Kazer's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)