Ratings for Dr. Candace Lee Embry

I was having hormone issues and I asked her if there was some way to check my hormone levels and she said "no" and basically said that's just the way things are for someone in their early 40's. Upon going to a new doctor I asked her the same thing and she said "yes" she would check my levels and she prescribed me something to help with the problem in the meantime. Also Dr. Embry would tell me the exact same thing word for word every year when I would come in for my annual exam. She would tell me that I need to lose weight and I'm getting old. Two things I'm well aware of without having anyone tell me. Plus her advice for losing weight was "only eat 1000 calories a day and walk five miles every day". She liked to talk but only about the things she wanted to talk about. But she definitely didn't spend any time on my actual medical issues that I had brought to her attention. She would just blow it off by telling me how old I'm getting. Not a good doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I was prescribed xanax by for anxiety by my previous 2 doctors. On my initial visit to doctor Embry she said that she definitely would not prescibe any more xanax. My wife is from Brazil and lives in the US as a permanent resident. She hasn't seen her family for over 5 years and worries about them and has seperation anxiety. Her previous doctor prescribed 2 medications, one for anxiety and one for depression. On my wife's initial visit to Dr Embry she was told by the doctor that taking these meds was 'ust like using alcohol' and that any problems she had she should 'just get over it'. I have found another doctor and my wife is returning to her former doctor. I would not recommend Dr Embry to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2010

critical of others, always handing our antidepressnats and just not a good diagnostician.Has really missed some critical diagnosis where others might have suffered systemic infections or paralysis

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006

Dr. Candace Lee Embry's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Corydon, IN