Ratings for Dr. Daryl R. Kimche

I just relocated for work and needed a new dentist. I felt the need to warn people before they get taken advantage of like me. Don't be fooled by the nice office furniture... She diagnosed me with Periodontal Disease and showed me all these videos on what can happen if i dont treat it asap. This is only to create a sense of urgency. I fell for it and ended up paying up front for Root planning and scaling, xrays, etc. I called my dentist back home in NYC afterward and he said it was completely not needed. I called my insurance and they said to ALWAYS get a preauthorization BEFORE accepting service and a SECOND opinion. Please folks be ware.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. Kimche's staff was rude. Dr. Kimche told me I needed a filling on one visit, that I did not on another visit, then that I did again on a following visit. It became increasingly clear that they were anxious to nickel and dime for unnecessary services, root plaining when following dentists advised it was unnecessary, etc. Dr. Kimche began drilling on my tooth then left for 15 minutes while the tooth was still exposed to go tend to another patient. I have had pain ever since my services, pain that was not present before her "procedure." I then received an email eight months later letting me know that they "underestimated" the cost of my services and it was necessary to remit payment immediately. There have been other issues regarding her and her staff's service that I am unable to explicate in this forum.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010