Ratings for Dr. Raymond G. Shea

Thank God for Dr. Shea. He is EXTREMELY knowledgable, patient to review tests and diagnosis, and wonderful bedside manners. After going to some surgery happy orthopedics and some that I wouldn't let little children near due to meanness/rudeness, Dr. Shea was such a comfort and relief to go to. I honestly cried to find him.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Personally, I find Dr. Shea's approach to medicine rather unorthodox to say the least. As a patient with rheumatoid arthritis who requires multiple visits for "carpentry work," I camr to know Dr. Shea quite well. As time went on, however, I became more and more dissatisfied with his approach to treatment: the wait time to see him is awful unless you are the first appointment due to multiple bookings every 15 minutes, he wants an MRI for everything, and I feel as if I never get five minutes total per appointment with him (between multiple interruptions). He is a good man, but I feel due to popular demand and due to the money to be made in his specialty, his mode and method of care has very much changed in a negative manner.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

I have been seen by Dr Shea for 30 years for multiple knee problems. I resently returned from Iraq with more problems and had to have total knee replacements on both knees. Dr Shea has always treated me with respect and I feel I could not have recieved better treatment anywhere is the world. His advice before and after surgery were great. He took the time to advise me of the limitations that I would experience during my rehabilatation and each step I would go experience. His staff have always been great to me and very friendly and helpful. As for the the punctuality of the appointments, people have to understand that when you go to the best you have alot of people that want to see him. if he comes in for just a few seconds as some of the reviewers state in this site how in the world could he be 2 hour or so behind. I must say I have had great results and can do things that I have not done for years. Honestly I would give him and his office a score of much higher than a 5. Thanks Doc

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

I have had 3 ACL reconstruction surgeries, all done by Dr Shea! He's an awesome Dr.! He's very kind and cares for his patients like they are family! Not to mention, he treated my family great too as they were concerned about my surgeries. Wouldn't recommend ANY other Dr! Dr Shea is awesome!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr Shea did a total left knee in Jan. 2007. Doing well. He knows his business.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2009

Dr. Shea has become a prescription writer. he takes no time with you at all. Just orders MRI. No help

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Very Arrogant, wish I had never gone to him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr Shea is a joke. I could get better advice from a witch doctor in Haite. He does not listen. I waited over 2 hours and they "forgot" we were in the exam room. Total time spent waiting on doctor 2 hrs 45min. time spend with doctor less than 2 minutes and he "thinks" I have cartlidge damage but insists on an MRI first. I think hes milking my insurance. GOOD LUCK and "break a leg"

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Dr Shea did my right total knee replacement on 10/19/2005. He made sure I had the best therapy provided and I'm now doing things I have not done in years! He's fantastic and very personable.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006

Dr. Raymond G. Shea's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1966)