You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Suzanne Christie

Our experience on our first appointment was excellent. There was virtually no wait. The staff was helpful and kind before and after the appointment when I called with additional questions. Dr Christie was reassuring and knowledgable. I saw no evidence of any of the negative things others have mentioned in their comments.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I have been under the care of Dr. Christie for.the past 15 years. I have seen other neurologists and she is the only neurologist that has taken the time to listen and the only one that has been able to manage my condition. I give Dr Christie and her staff, five stars. A great team!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Christie has been absolutely great. She has been supportive and caring. She has gone beyond her duty. She listens and does not rush you. Yes she can be tardy, but at least she still takes time for you. I love my Doctor and her staff. Anita is just wonderful. I would not change. Heather Livingston

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

WORTH A READ; I waited 10 months for my app and when I arrived, the staff advised me that the appt was cancelled. The # they had on file for me was one digit off and they were unable to notify me. This doctor’s reviews online were brutal (always late and constantly cancels), so I wasn’t blind going in. Fast forward another month, to today; I arrived at her office at 8:42am for my 9am appt. The doctor finally showed up, at 10:26am, as she was not even in the building yet. At this point, I’d been waiting 1 hr and 44 mins for her. She walked into her full waiting room and did not offer an apology to any of her patients, nor did she say hello or even acknowledge us. SHE INSTEAD BLEW BY US HOLDING A PIE. I kid you not, a pie. And she then said to her secretaries, ‘the bottom is still hot.’ She finally called in her first patient and then I was seen shortly after. By this time, I’d waited OVER 2 hours for my BOOKED appt. This doctor did not seem to care that we’d all been waiting for her. The doctor’s office was filthy with bobby pins lying around on their coffee table in the waiting room and a full garbage with banana peels to the brim. Looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in a while. Behind the counter, there were at least a dozen paperclips lying around on the floor as well as post-it notes scattered across the floor amongst patient files. There was barely any space on the counters as they were full of files and scribbles. When the nurse pre-screened me, she took me into a room where there were patients’ cheques sitting on the ground. There was SUCH a lack of confidentiality and absolutely no concern for patient’s privacy. Thankfully a woman and a man who arrived shortly after I, also have experienced the extreme tardiness of this doctor and we've exchanged information and filed a report against this doctor with CPSO. UPDATE: The night before my 2nd app at 7:30pm, I got a call asking if my MRI results were sent in. I had to ask 'who is this???' The secretary then announced who she was and why she was calling. I had my MRI a few weeks prior to this app. The next day at the appointment, I waited an hour and a half for my 5 mins with this doctor. She then asked me if I'd been for my MRI. I told her that her secretaries called me the NIGHT before. She then downloaded my MRI and took barely 10 seconds to tell me there were signs of trauma due to previous migraines with aura. Clearly having 'dots and spots' (as she said) on my brain freaked me out but she had nothing to say other than it's normal. I will NEVER return to this office. It is a filthy disaster with incompetent staff as well as a doctor who clearly has zero respect for her patients.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Got rescheduled twice. Had my appointment at 9:30 so 2nd appointment of the day. Dr Christie came in at 10:45...disrespectful. When I saw her no apology for being late.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I was diagnosed with migraines and referred to Dr. Christie. She was never on time and my appointments, after waiting for a few months, were rescheduled. She prescribed me a medication that ran out. On two occasions my pharmacist could not get a hold of anyone there to have my prescription refilled, and once I actually passed out in my own vomit because I needed my medication that badly. Both times I ended up at a walk-in clinic to convince the doctor to renew my prescription. Luckily I was able to get referred to another neurologist who actually helped me.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I'm a young student from out of province who experienced progressive degenerative nervous symptoms and after 6 weeks of waiting I was finally referred to a neurologist. I could not have been more disappointed. I made the trip out twice to have appointments with her and they did not take the time to review my imaging. DO NOT waste your time with her, I ended up taking out a loan and going to a private clinic because it would be more efficient than dealing with this poor service. In the appointments, she breezed through standard first responder neurological motor testing and then cut me off as I tried to describe my symptoms to her. She promised me that my imaging would be available on a certain day and, surprise surprise, I showed up at the clinic to be re-scheduled. Horribly incompetent staff, poor management, and has no regard for patient needs or, evidently, their progressive symptoms.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

It did not work out for us. She's way to busy. Appointments are always rescheduled, you have to wait up to several extra hours in the waiting room and you feel rushed when you get to see her. This was my experience.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Not sure where to start. An example: The doctor will book you in for an appointment at 9:00am and won't show up to the office 10:15am. She likes to quickly diagnose patients based on family history rather than going over their actual symptoms. Also if you are a young patient save your time, money and frustration and see a different Doctor Period.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I have never been so tired of the poor service from this particular Doctor. ALWAYS cancels, ALWAYS have to wait 1++ hours for a 5 minute session and ALWAYS has nothing she can do for my medical condition Trigeminal Neuralgia. She just prescribes me refills of medications and NEVER has time to listen to any questions or concerns. Booking Saturday appointments to reschedule appointments is not an appropriate option as her wait time is still 1++ hours. I HATE being referred to this Neurologist and will demand being resigned.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Suzanne Christie's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Our experience on our first appointment was excellent. There was virtually no wait. The staff was helpful and kind before and after the appointment when I calle..."

May 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been under the care of Dr. Christie for.the past 15 years. I have seen other neurologists and she is the only neurologist that has taken the time to li..."

April 13, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Christie has been absolutely great. She has been supportive and caring. She has gone beyond her duty. She listens and does not rush you. Yes she can be tard..."

April 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "WORTH A READ; I waited 10 months for my app and when I arrived, the staff advised me that the appt was cancelled. The # they had on file for me was one digit of..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Got rescheduled twice. Had my appointment at 9:30 so 2nd appointment of the day. Dr Christie came in at 10:45...disrespectful. When I saw her no apology for bei..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with migraines and referred to Dr. Christie. She was never on time and my appointments, after waiting for a few months, were rescheduled. She pr..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I'm a young student from out of province who experienced progressive degenerative nervous symptoms and after 6 weeks of waiting I was finally referred to a neur..."

February 13, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "It did not work out for us. She's way to busy. Appointments are always rescheduled, you have to wait up to several extra hours in the waiting room and you feel ..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Not sure where to start. An example: The doctor will book you in for an appointment at 9:00am and won't show up to the office 10:15am. She likes to quickly diag..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have never been so tired of the poor service from this particular Doctor. ALWAYS cancels, ALWAYS have to wait 1++ hours for a 5 minute session and ALWAYS has..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is the worst experience with a doctor I have ever had. She has cancelled three times in the past two and a half years because of their own incompetence. Th..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I wait months for appointments, which the staff make no effort to confirm. I apparently missed an appointment once that they scheduled without letting me know a..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Future patients: BEWARE. Dr. Christie is a TOP notch doctor BUT her staff and office are a disaster! For that reason alone- stay away from this doctor. If you n..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Cancelled with me 3 times and tried to cancel a fourth before I threatened to change doctors... then they got me in within a week, weird how that works... my a..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have yet to see Dr. Christie having waited one year for the appointment. My appointment has been cancelled by her office four times. The most recent was thi..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I've been with Dr. Christie for over a year now for chronic migraine. What I can say is: I have less than last year. I always have a quick appoitment. I am wai..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "The only neurologist to actually listen and HELP me after my brain injury!!"

August 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rarely if ever my appointments are on time. On time I waited over 5 hours. I often get canceled appointments last second, I was even there waiting for my appoin..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Christie has cancelled my husband's appointments 4 times in one year...one after the other. He has MS and this is not acceptable. He finally was able to g..."

June 23, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K2E0" to "K2G 6E2". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 1 Centrepointe Dr". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16135626390".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Waited over 2 hours for a five minute appointment, and managed to catch some virus from her cold and untidy waiting room. "

May 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been with Dr. Christie for over a year now. After suffering with migraines for 40+ years she has been a godsend. Yes, you wait in the office for awhile; ..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Christie for ten years and I have always been treated with kindness and respect by her and Rita, her secretary. Compassionate is a..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a patient of Dr. Christie and I am very pleased with her. As I would say my God. I have suffered migraines for years until I became a patient of hers. S..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been reading the comments and I cannot believe anyone could say Dr. Christie's receptionist is rude and dishonest. I have been a patient over two years ..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I usually have to wait an hour or two in the waiting room, and then I feel rushed during my appointment, which is 10 minutes or less. I think she knows her stuf..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have read all of the stories and ratings, I have been her patient for the last 6 years with my Multiple Sclerosis, at the beginning I was scared to speak up a..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I am very concerned with what is going on in this office. The secretary is extremely dishonest... Twice, she cancelled my appointments and rescheduled them wit..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Don't waste your time. Ihave seen her twice and thought she was quite nice and knowledgeable at first. Botox treatment for chronic migraine went terribly wrong ..."

September 23, 2014
  • City changed from "Ottawa" to "Nepean"

October 3, 2013