Ratings for Dr. Suzanne Christie

While she is a knowledgable doctor she has no respect for timing and will cancel appointments out of the blue! If you have MS I would save your self the trouble! She left town for 2 months with no backup doctor?!! When I called they said go to the family doctor but how is that helpful?!! She might be a good doctor for migraines and such but not for MS.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr Christie was my daughter's neurologist for 10 years. Dr Christie after a brain scan quickly referred my daughter to the Best Neurosurgeon in Ottawa who successfully did the surgery., within a month after the brain scan. She called my daughter's husband at the office to inform him of the urgent need for her to get surgery and treatment after. That is certainly worth waiting for her even when she is late for sure. At one point she phoned my daughter at home to respond to another serious health issue my daughter was having.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Phone messages are never listened to or returned, Dr. Christie is often hours off schedule (she's never been within 30 minutes of being on time in the three years I've been seeing her), and it's impossible to get hold of the office. I've finally switched to a different doctor. I think the icing on the cake was one morning, two hours after my appointment time, when Dr. Christie wandered into the office talking about the wonderful pies she'd just bought.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Christie is one of the worst doctors I’ve ever met with and that is truly saying something. Good luck trying to book an appointment without it being moved or shuffled 10 times, and when you do get to see her (long after your scheduled appointment) you’ll see her for at most 5 minutes.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Christie for about 20-22 years now (since I met her at CHEO). She can be late for appointments at time, but usually it's because she is attending to a patient who was at the hospital for an emergency. She is kind, sympathetic, knowledgeable, and has always treated me as an individual with unique needs. She has even offered me medical advice with regards to other procedures that may impact my neurological treatment, and has done so from the perspective of "if you were my daughter I would say...". And when she did this, I was truly impressed and really felt as if she cared. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a truly top notch neurologist.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I have been a client of Dr Christie for a number of years now and I find her a most helpful , sympathetic Doctor. I have gone to her for Migraines which were so debilitating , to a life filled with joy again. I sometime have to wait in the waiting room beyond my appt. but what ever time I need when I am with her, is gladly given., so I know that every one is given what they need. Her staff are so kind and helpful and listen to every thing that I need to tell them and I never feel rushed. I highly recommend Dr Christie for finding a Doctor that will make a difference to your Health care.......She bends over backwards to find you the care that you need and makes that happen. Thank you so much to all who work in her office.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

I have been a MS patient of Dr. Christie's for 10 years. At first I didn't care for her, but then I realized I was just pissed off because she told me I had MS. She read me really well when delivering the news to me. I asked her what do I do now. She said see that door, go thru it and live your life. She is knowledgeable, caring and a good listener. Her only downfall, is time mngt, she is never on time, expect to wait at least 2 hours before seeing her, however when you do get in, she never rushes you.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I don't understand how she is still practicing. Just an awful disorganized doctor and awful disorganized staff. I truly believe that she is doing more harm than good as she doesn't show up half the time, always reschedules/cancels appointments last minute. She has misplaced some important files/documents of mine. Last time I was there, 3 of us in the waiting room discussed filing an official complaint against her because she's just such an awful doctor. I've just left my 4th message over the last week and still, no response.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I have been her patient for almost two years. Consistently shows up whenever she pleases. Does not return paper work requests or phone calls. Pretends like you're there for a coffee date and dismisses most symptoms and distress. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Consistently cancels appointments without explanation. Questions the validity of your symptoms. Makes you feel like utter s*** as a result. Can't get a straight answer out of her. She is a hippy dippy quack. Don't waste your time with this horrible doctor who offer follow up or sound medical advice.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017