Ratings for Dr. Suzanne Christie

She may be good for other issues, but she is actively harmful for patients with concussion migraines. If that's why you are going, do not bother seeing her. Save yourself the time and stress. She has no solutions or advice to offer. See another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

I am sure she is a good doctor but her office staff is out to lunch! They are clearly over worked and they are not pleasant or reliable. They do not answer the phones, return messages, confirm appointments or process important paperwork properly. Thankfully we only had to visit her office 3 times in the last 6 months and we never have to go back. Its completely dysfunctional and be prepared to wait hours in her waiting room listening to her horrible staff before you get to see her.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I have seen Dr Christie several times and would not recommend her to anyone with my types of migraines. I have multiple chemical sensitivities, especially to glutamates (MSG), colours, flavours, scents and perfumes, etc., and the tiniest amount can send me to bed for days with the most horrendous migraines. You almost need to be a chemist to understand and find the hidden free glutamates in food and household products and when I asked her help in understanding it all better, she had nothing for me except "don't eat things that bother you" and proceeded to prescribe medications that contained some of my migraine triggers. If you have migraines you will probably know that some triggers work quickly while others can take up to 72 hours to cause pain so it is very hard to nail things down. She showed little regard for the lifetime of chronic pain I have endured and dismissed any non-drug solutions I have found on my own as of no real benefit and mere coincidences or placebos.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

While she is a knowledgable doctor she has no respect for timing and will cancel appointments out of the blue! If you have MS I would save your self the trouble! She left town for 2 months with no backup doctor?!! When I called they said go to the family doctor but how is that helpful?!! She might be a good doctor for migraines and such but not for MS.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr Christie was my daughter's neurologist for 10 years. Dr Christie after a brain scan quickly referred my daughter to the Best Neurosurgeon in Ottawa who successfully did the surgery., within a month after the brain scan. She called my daughter's husband at the office to inform him of the urgent need for her to get surgery and treatment after. That is certainly worth waiting for her even when she is late for sure. At one point she phoned my daughter at home to respond to another serious health issue my daughter was having.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Phone messages are never listened to or returned, Dr. Christie is often hours off schedule (she's never been within 30 minutes of being on time in the three years I've been seeing her), and it's impossible to get hold of the office. I've finally switched to a different doctor. I think the icing on the cake was one morning, two hours after my appointment time, when Dr. Christie wandered into the office talking about the wonderful pies she'd just bought.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Christie is one of the worst doctors I’ve ever met with and that is truly saying something. Good luck trying to book an appointment without it being moved or shuffled 10 times, and when you do get to see her (long after your scheduled appointment) you’ll see her for at most 5 minutes.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Christie for about 20-22 years now (since I met her at CHEO). She can be late for appointments at time, but usually it's because she is attending to a patient who was at the hospital for an emergency. She is kind, sympathetic, knowledgeable, and has always treated me as an individual with unique needs. She has even offered me medical advice with regards to other procedures that may impact my neurological treatment, and has done so from the perspective of "if you were my daughter I would say...". And when she did this, I was truly impressed and really felt as if she cared. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a truly top notch neurologist.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I have been a client of Dr Christie for a number of years now and I find her a most helpful , sympathetic Doctor. I have gone to her for Migraines which were so debilitating , to a life filled with joy again. I sometime have to wait in the waiting room beyond my appt. but what ever time I need when I am with her, is gladly given., so I know that every one is given what they need. Her staff are so kind and helpful and listen to every thing that I need to tell them and I never feel rushed. I highly recommend Dr Christie for finding a Doctor that will make a difference to your Health care.......She bends over backwards to find you the care that you need and makes that happen. Thank you so much to all who work in her office.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

I have been a MS patient of Dr. Christie's for 10 years. At first I didn't care for her, but then I realized I was just pissed off because she told me I had MS. She read me really well when delivering the news to me. I asked her what do I do now. She said see that door, go thru it and live your life. She is knowledgeable, caring and a good listener. Her only downfall, is time mngt, she is never on time, expect to wait at least 2 hours before seeing her, however when you do get in, she never rushes you.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017