Ratings for Dr. John L. Carter

Dr. Carter is an excellent, caring doctor. He has taken care of my reproductive health for 35 years. He takes his time with me and helps me with other issues such as weight gain, smoking, cholesterol, breast lumps and stress. He is always running late but that's because he gives each person the time they need. He performed surgery on me 16 years ago to remove pre-cancerous tissue and the bad cells have never returned - he got all of it. I can talk to Dr. Carter about anything. I think he's exceptional when it comes to providing medical care.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr. Carter delivered my son and has been my OB/GYN for thirteen years. He does tend to run a little late, but he is worth waiting for because he is interested in every patient and doesn't treat you as if you are on an assembly line of health care. He is thorough during an exam in his discussions regarding heart disease and other health concerns for women. There have been occasions over the years when I have needed a diagnostic test beyond an initial screening. It can be extremely nerve racking to wait on results. Dr. Carter always calls that same afternoon or evening to ask how I am and discuss results. Very caring doctor.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

Dr. Carter is the best. He develops excellent rapport with the children and genuinely cares. I'd recommend him to a friend without reservation.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

I love DR. C and the Staff- they have taken care of me since I was 12 when I went in with my fist bladder infection. Actually that practice delivered me almost 26 years ago.Dr. C has performed 25 surgeries on me including a hysterectomy for endometriosis and cervical Cancer- he is very knowledgeable and sweet- great bedside manner. That man I believe has saved my life a few times.But now due to insurance changes I have to let him go- :( so sad. I will be back one day! I would recommend him to anyone- only advice get a morning appt- he spends quality time with every patient he has that is why people complain that they wait so long. But to me it is worth it. GREAT DR!!!!!++++++++++++

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Dr. Carter is an excellent and very knowledgeable doctor. He takes his time with you and you don;t feel rushed. I first met him when he delivered my son 22 years ago. When my insurance changed I had to pick another doctor. But after being misdiagnosed, twice by them, I ended up returning to his practice (when a neighbor's mother was treated by him for the same procedure the my current Ob-Gyn screwed up - and having to do another operation to correct his mistake)about 15 years ago. I have had several chronic problems which he always quickly diagnoses and treats me for. I hope I never have to give him up again. He's a down to earth (cowboy boots and buckle and all) person and extremely caring!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

John Carter is an excellent physician. He is incredibly attentive and caring, often making calls just to check on patients after surgery. He it thorough and communicates well with his patients.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

He is a good doctor but he is not punctual in the least. He will spend a lot of time with you once he is in the room.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

careless doctor

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Dr. John L. Carter's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1977)

GHI