Ratings for Dr. Jon L. Hyman

Phenomenal. After being undiagnosed for several years, Dr Hyman figured out my problem in two visits. Then he repaired the damage. I'm back to work and sports with only one regret: that I should have seen him sooner. No doctor has ever spent so much time explaining things to me and my family as he has, or examined me so carefully. Where I live there are not doctors of his level or background. No comparison. It was worth the flight.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

Dr. Hyman was a great help with everything regarding my claim since June – dealing with the Department of Labor, performing surgery, rehab, etc. Right now my shoulder feels really good, and perhaps by next year it'll be 100 percent. I thought surgery and rehab were going to be a miserable experience, but neither was too bad. Him and his staff are great.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Went to him for three consultations concerning a fracture and muscle rupture, my fracture healed without intervention. The muscle rupture was recommended not to have surgery, that the surgery could not be performed due to nature of injury. After attempting to rehab shoulder for a year and a half, investigated literature and discovered that he was completely incorrect in his recommendation for conservative care for a ruptured pectoralis major rupture in an athlete. A lesson to never surrender yourself to the diagnosis of doctor and get second opinions. Two years post injury, with a painful, degenerating dominant shoulder and no insurance I search for a capable surgeon that will accept my case and my money. Hyman had good bedside manner but in my opinion was negligent in his recommendations for care.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Dr. Hyman performed shoulder surgery on me in 2004. He is truly a wonderful Dr. My shoulder has been in perfect condition since my surgery. I didi not have one problem. I would refer anyone to him. Here it is 5 years later and my shoulder is in excellent condition. Thanks Dr. Hyman. You are awesome!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

Did not take the time to answer two of my concerns regarding a diagnostic procedure. Instead, his nurse responded that if I did not want to have the procedure I should see another doctor which I did. It would have been far easier and more professional if this doctor had simply answered the patient's questions.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Dr. Jon L. Hyman's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1994)