Ratings for Dr. Andrew C. Shatz

I was told that I would never have to wear glasses again so paying the hight price to me was worth it. After I was sedated I was told that I would have to wear glasses and had to sign a form I couldn't even read. Before I had one pair of glasses trifocal, now I need a pair of glasses for reading, a pair for the computer and a pair for distance. Close range I can see except at night where I get a cloudy vision. They said it would be better with time but it's been two years and I haven't seen any improvement. So very disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2019

Dr. Andrew C. Shatz

Dr. Andrew C. Shatz's response
We appreciate your feedback about your experience with SightTrust Eye Institute, and are sorry that you feel your vision has not yet reached the level that you expected. As we discussed during your initial evaluation and subsequent visits to our center, our goal is to do everything possible to help you achieve glasses-freedom and the best vision that you can have. We do not put a time-limit on how long after your procedure we will offer enhancements; and as long as you have not had any eye surgeries by another surgeon before or since Dr. Shatz performed your procedure, those enhancements are complimentary. We truly hope that you will contact our center directly; it is the easiest way to have us help you get the vision you deserve!

Submitted June 7, 2019

Awesome staff and experience. Highly recommend using them!!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2018

Very professional and caring. Never rushes you and is willing to answer all of your questions. His staff is the best I have had the pleasure to experience.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Great experience with entire staff, excellent care and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

Truly an amazing experience. Dr. Schatz' enthusiasm permeates throughout his entire staff. I can now read without glasses for the first time in 60 years. I would not hesitate to recommend this procedure to anyone . Five stars are not enough! Barbara P.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

After wearing glasses for more than 40 years due to a major astigmatism in both eyes I am glasses-free except for reading thanks to Dr. Shatz. My astigmatism is gone. I am so grateful to Dr. Shatz, Dr. Jill Marrotte, and the anesthesiologist who gave me the happy juice and everyone at Sight Trust for the excellent care that I was given. Dr. Shatz is incredible. I never in my wildest dreams thought my astigmatism would be gone. I can't say enough about Sight Trust Eye Institute, Dr. Shatz, Dr. Jill Marrotte and his excellent staff. I have been telling all of my friends this is the only place to have eye surgery and I would only recommend Dr. Shatz 100%. Thank you again for taking such good care of me.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

After 51 years of wearing glasses and contacts, I am forever grateful to Dr. Shatz and his incredible staff! My 20/60 vision has been transformed to a glass-less, non-contact 20/20. Thank you, Dr. Shatz, Dr. Marrotte and everyone at Sight Trust for taking such great care of my gift of sight!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

After procedure I was left with blinders in corner of eyes and floaters so bad I feel as though I'm looking through a Forrest. Last attempt to correct I was told to go see retnal doctor. Wasn't told prior to procedure that I would end up with floaters and blinders

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I can't imagine a better place to have cataract surgery than at SightTrust Eye Institute in Sunrise, FL with Dr. Andrew Shatz. Dr. Shatz and his staff are the best. I now have 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts which I needed for 60 years.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

After much research and reference checking, Sight Trust appeared to be the best option and in hindsight I made the best choice. No hesitation in recommending a very professional organization.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Dr. Andrew C. Shatz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A highly-respected, board-certified ophthalmologist, Dr. Shatz is the Medical Director of SightTrust Eye Institute. Dr. Shatz has advanced training in topical, laser-assisted cataract and refractive lens exchange surgery, clear-corneal (“no-stitch”) cataract surgery, multifocal and accommodating implants, and phakic intraocular lens implant surgery. With more than 20,000 intraocular lens procedures performed over the past 19 years, he is believed to be the Southeast’s leading implanter of the ReSTOR multifocal and Artisan phakic premium intraocular lenses.

• English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Hebrew

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Sunrise, FL