Dr. Caleb B. Kallen, M.D., Ph.D.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Caleb B. Kallen, M.D., Ph.D.

Dr. Kallen was extremely patient and knowledgeable. He thoroughly answered all of our questions and never made us feel like he was in a rush. We greatly appreciated Dr. Kallen's care!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2019

Patience is the key. Learnt this from Dr.Kallen. He took right decisions on my medicines and scans. None went wrong, never suffered an overdose so far. It was a long journey of 1.5 years and finally me and my husband were successful, combat unexplained infertility. Technically, he and his team are undoubtedly strong.We are planning to return back for our baby #2. A very good team and always made a feel very professional.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2019

Dr. kallen, my nurse Nikki, and the rest of the staff at The Chesterbrook office for Shady Grove was by far the best experience I have ever had! I have been to several other fertility clinics over the last 9.5 years. I cannot express my gratitude enough to them and helping us make our dream come true. Hands down would recommend them to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2019

The worst experience I could come across. I went to Dr. Kallen on December 4, 2018 for a check up ran some test that supposedly were covered by my insurance and now I am receiving bills for. I was then sent for an HSG exam that I was not properly briefed on as he let his assistant explain and she was just learning so she did not know anything. I went for the test as I trusted they knew what they were talking about and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I called their emergency hotline and they responded a day after and I explained I was running high fevers and could not walk and they sent me to an urgent care that could not help me and I took myself to the ER and was immediately hospitalized and on observation because they though I may need surgery. Until this day Dr. Kallen has not called me, I called numerous times requesting information about my test what happened how I ended up in the hospital and no one could help me. I am now receiving collection letters and still do not know what happen to me or what my test results revealed. I would not recommend this place and definitely not Dr. Calen Kallen.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

Our Experience with DR. Kallen is one of the best experiences in Our Life. DR. Kallen is very knowledgable, Sincere and very caring. He made entire process stress free and we never felt pressured at any point. We would recommend DR. Kallen Highly. We are expecting our first child and yes we would defiantly without a second thought would go to DR. Kallen for baby #2.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2019

Dr. Kallen and his staff were phenomenal throughout our infertility journey. I couldn’t have asked for a better and more supportive group of people. Even when we were discouraged, he always remained positive and confident that we would soon succeed. Dr. Kallen is very thorough in his methods and I felt fully comfortable in his care. While he may seem serious and distant at times, underneath is a very compassionate and meticulous doctor. He is definitely one of the most efficient doctors and I never had to wait long to be seen. Even if he wasn’t the doctor seeing me that day, I felt reassured knowing that he was still the one reviewing my results and making decisions regarding my treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Kallen and the staff at Shady Grove!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2019

Dr. Kallen and the staff at Shady Grove were amazing through this difficult process. Having difficulties conceiving was a very hard time in our lives and Dr. Kallen took the time to understand our individual circumstances to develop and adjust a course of action based on our needs. Not only did we receive the medical support we needed to realize our dream of becoming parents but Dr. Kallen and the staff were emotionally supportive as well. The care I received by far exceeded what I hoped for.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2018

Dr Kallen was incredibly knowledgeable, compassionate and supportive. We had a great experience under his care.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

I have been a patient with Dr. Kallen for the past two months. He is never available to speak with me, made me go through an unnecessary hsg when I already gave him the info. Even though the 2nd HSG was scanty, I asked his nurse to have him call me. No response. The nurse was very delayed with my rx, I was given a second dose of Clomid because she didn't get my auth in advance for final f. I see several doctors and nurses at this facility but, never my doctor. One morning I saw him get out of his car, but he never came to my room. Ridiculous! At this point, I want to change clinics. The only doctor who was helpful, showed empathy, and was concerned was Dr Martin. The nurse Alicia was also very nice. In addition, I'd like to add when it was time for my beta Dr kallen never called me to follow up. I thought I was pregnant his nurse caked me staying she's so sorry and she knows Dr Kallen called. I responded sorry for what? No, he didn't call. Then sheer apologized and told me I wasn't pregnant. My experience has not been the best and I'm tired of this already. From the other reviews, it appears the doctor was available to perform surgeries for other patients. Just not for mine. The only time I saw him was during my consultations and for 1 follicle count. So sad.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018

Dr. Caleb B. Kallen, M.D., Ph.D.

Dr. Caleb B. Kallen, M.D., Ph.D.'s response
Hello, We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our practice. Patient feedback is how we all learn and grow, as well as make changes for the future. We would like for the opportunity to talk more with you about your experience and concerns. Please contact our office supervisor at (610) 981-6000. Thank you.

Submitted August 6, 2018

Dr Kallen and his staff at Shady Grove were absolutely wonderful! I felt like they really took the time to get to know us and answer all of our questions and concerns They were right by our side every step of the way from office visits to emails to phone calls. I am extremely thankful for all of their individualized care and positivity. After only 1 IUI treatment we are expecting our first baby!! I couldn’t recommend anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Caleb B. Kallen, M.D., Ph.D.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Caleb Kallen, M.D., Ph.D. earned his medical degree and doctorate in philosophy (Molecular and Cellular Biology) from the University of Pennsylvania. He went on to complete his residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Dr. Kallen completed his subspecialty training in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut.

• English

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Egg freezing
  • Tubal ligation reversal
  • Ectopic pregnancy
  • Endometriosis
  • Premature ovarian failure

• Emory University School of Medicine Excellence in Teaching Award: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
  • Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) National Faculty Award in recognition of outstanding contributions
  • Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO) and the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Emory University "APGO Excellence in Teaching Award"
  • Mentor for project awarded first prize, Emory University Annual Fellowship Research Award
  • "Golden Apple" award for resident education, Emory University

• mRNA-Binding Protein ZFP36 Is Expressed in Atherosclerotic Lesions and Reduces Inflammation in Aortic Endothelial Cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013
  • A pneumocyte-macrophage paracrine lipid axis drives the lung toward injury and fibrosis. 2014.
  • Seminars in Nuclear Medicine. 2014.
  • Chronic alcohol ingestion in rats promotes lipid accumulation, alters metabolism, and impairs alveolar macrophage functions. 2014.
  • Expression in Human Endometrial Stromal Cells and is Down-Regulated in Ectopic Endometrium. 2013.