Dr. Caleb B. Kallen, M.D., Ph.D.'s Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Caleb Kallen, M.D., Ph.D. earned his medical degree and doctorate in philosophy (Molecular and Cellular Biology) from the University of Pennsylvania. He went on to complete his residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Dr. Kallen completed his subspecialty training in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut.
- University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
Areas of Expertise
- Female infertility
- Male infertility
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Egg freezing
- Low sperm count
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine polyps
- Genetic testing
- Tubal ligation reversal
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Premature ovarian failure
Awards & Recognitions
- Emory University School of Medicine Excellence in Teaching Award: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) National Faculty Award in recognition of outstanding contributions
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO) and the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Emory University "APGO Excellence in Teaching Award"
- Mentor for project awarded first prize, Emory University Annual Fellowship Research Award
- "Golden Apple" award for resident education, Emory University
Publications & Research
- mRNA-Binding Protein ZFP36 Is Expressed in Atherosclerotic Lesions and Reduces Inflammation in Aortic Endothelial Cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013
- A pneumocyte-macrophage paracrine lipid axis drives the lung toward injury and fibrosis. 2014.
- Seminars in Nuclear Medicine. 2014.
- Chronic alcohol ingestion in rats promotes lipid accumulation, alters metabolism, and impairs alveolar macrophage functions. 2014.
- Expression in Human Endometrial Stromal Cells and is Down-Regulated in Ectopic Endometrium. 2013.