Ratings for Dr. Steve M. Shindell

Very rude and his report said that I was lying. I do not lie and did the best I could. I noticed on other reviews that other people had the same experience. He does not know me and had his mind made up before he met me. He said he had read doctor reports before I came in. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Not worth my $10.00 Copay . Extremely rude , he must not like people. Sad little man.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

I have to believe the positive responses are canned. Most likely someone he knows. He doesn't ask you any personal questions. There is no counseling. There is nothing but questions and memory tests with blocks and blindfolds. At one point he read something, then he asked a question about what he read. I had no clue. He looked at me like I grew another head. How can a doctor possibly know anything about you from answering true false statements like. "I often think how much I hate my parents" I was really waiting for the punchline or at least a cigar question. Before you waste your money and time just don't. His snake oil isn't even a little convincing.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I don't understand why some doctors are even allowed to stay in practice considering how they treat their patience . It's very clear this doctor is in it for the money because how can you be in this field of work and conduct yourself in the manner that this doctor have? I really think he do this just to collect the money and I also feel that any good reviews are from friends or family of his because this guy is a real joke! I strongly feel that he should not be in business at all. Run before even taking the risk of subjecting yourself to this guy! It's not worth it. RUN!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

It is extremely hard to get in touch with the office because they NEVER answer. He also had no knowledge that post concussive syndrome is a thing (which is why I was there and what he is supposed to be an expert in. He pretty much told me that people never have issues after 2 weeks (the definition of post concussive syndrome is when you have symptoms after 2 weeks of concussion). And he said it's psychological, which it isn't. I've seen over 10 doctors and they all knew post concussive syndrome exists,,, they are the ones that diagnosed me. He also said my verbal memory is so bad it's impossible/fake. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Please look at the reviews that are low. They are all true. He is horrible. Asked me now personal questions. Ate his lunch in front of me. Barely let me finish any of his testing. Was very impatient with me. Kept telling me to pick one and seem to get upset when I did not know the answers. Put me in front of the computer and told me to hurry. While I was answering questions on the computer he went to the waiting room and gave my husband my "results" without me present. Told him I was fine and he did not think anything is wrong with me. Completely violating patient confidentiality. Does anyone notice a theme here. Do not go to him get a referral some where else. I have been crying since I left his office.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO THE ONES TELLING YOU NOT TO GO HERE, I DID NOT BECAUSE MY NEUROLOGIST SENT ME. I HAVE A BRAIN CONDITION, VERIFIED MY MRI'S, HARDLY SPOKE TO ME DURING TESTING, HAD TO WAIT A MONTH FOR APPT. FOR RESULTS, HAD TO SELL STUFF JUST TO PAY FOR APPT. BECAUSE OF NO INSURANCE & HE TELLS ME NOTHINGS WRONG WITH ME, IT'S MORE OR LESS IN MY HEAD. I KNOW I'M NOT CRAZY THAT I'M HAVING ISSUES WITH MEMORY, CONCENTRATION & OTHER THINGS WHICH ARE SYMPTOMS OF MY CONDTION FOR WHICH I AM SEEING 2 OTHER SPECIALISTS, BUT HE SAID NO THAT MY SYMPTOMS ARE NOT FROM THIS, AND TOLD ME I NEEDED TO CHANGE PSYCH DOCS! WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS? I'VE SEEN THIS GUY 2 TIMES, HE DOESN'T KNOW ME OR MY DOCTOR AND PASSING JUDGEMENT, HE WAS SHORT, RUDE AND DISMISSED ME WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A SECOND THOUGHT. SO BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR. HE WILL NOT BELIEVE EVEN WHAT THE TEST RESULTS SHOWED. HE SAID MY RESULTS WERE NOT POSSIBLE. I DO NOT LIE & I DID MY VERY BEST.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

This is the most RUDE OFFICE I have EVER come in contact with.I called the office to re-schedule my appointment and no one answered.I called from 4:26pm Until 4:48 with no answer,so I left a message to let them know I needed to reschedule (my appointment was for 7:30 am the following morning).I received a phone call from the DR. telling me that I would not be re-scheduled!!!!Who does that?I tried calling all morning and finally got a answer around 10:45 and they proceeded to tell me all Dr.'s are like that and if I wanted to come, I would have to pay over $200 out of pocket to see him.I then told her this was rude and she proceeded to tell me to call the original Dr. and have him give me a referral to another Dr. She also told me that they would still get patients regardless of my review.WOW!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr. Shindell gives practical, helpful advice. He and his staff are incredibly nice and pleasant to deal with. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Shindell to friends, all of whom have been equally impressed.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Very professional,friendly and willing to help with my issues. I read things that others wrote, and you have to remember, he's treating people that "NEED HELP" for the most part....ie when we're depressed the whole world looks negative and we often find all of our experiences negative. I've had depression for most of my adult life, and I was seeking some additional support -- this is exactly what I needed.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013