Ratings for Dr. John S. Goza

I was referred to Dr. Goza by my Internist Dr. M. Lester for two hernias repair. I was very impress by the appointment punctuality of Dr. Goza. He showed in-depth knowledge of the subject. He is a board-certified general surgeon with College Park Family Care Center in Overland Park, Kansas. He is a graduate University of South Carolina School of Medicine, and completed a general surgery residency with Baptist Health Systems in Birmingham, Alabama. I would recommend him to any member of my family. Should I need another surgery, which I hope not for a while, I would go back to Dr. Goza.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

A very competent and straightforward demeanor added to my comfort level with Dr. Goza. Surgery, even one that is considered low risk is still surgery. Anytime you are anethesized and cut open is still a risk. I really appreciated the type of information I received from Dr. Goza, the professionalism of his staff, the effeciency of the procedure and the thoroughness overall. Thank you for a job well done!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

I was recommended to Dr. Goza by my primary care physician for hernia repair. I saw Dr. Goza, and he found that I actually had two of them! I had surgery for a Bi-Lateral Inguinal Hernia on March 30, 2009. The surgery was very quick. I arrived at the hospital at 7AM, and I left at about 10:30AM. I was given an Rx for pain pills and an anti-inflamatory, but found I didn't even need the pain pills. I only had one 2-inch incision at my naval, and two smaller ones about 1cm in length at my waistline, and halfway between that and my groin area. Downtime was very minimal, and as of my follow-up visit on 4-14, I check out OK and have no issues at all. Dr. Goza is a rare combination of an excellent surgeon *and* a very friendly bedside manner. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. John S. Goza's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)