Ratings for Dr. Aasim M. Sheikh

Had to wait app. 40 mins due to Dr. treating another patient, who was blind. But well worth the wait. Dr. Sheikh took the time to explain the possible reasons for my problem and outlined his plan for finding out what was wrong. So far I am very pleased.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. Sheikh is the man! I don't know what the people in the earlier posts were talking about. Dr. Sheikh was my attending physician throughout my treatment of, and eventual cure from Hepatitis C. He explained all the procedures and tests and answered all of my questions in an easy-to-understand manner. I recommend Dr. Sheikh and GI Specialists of GA to any potential GI patient.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

He is worth the wait! I would wait for an hour any day for someone that would take the time to explain the Ins and Outs of my illness.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

I had to wait for nearly an hour,but in response I got a doc to took a good thirty mins with me. He went over my medicines at length and ordered a few tests. He strongly believed that one of my meds that I had taken for a year was the problem and was causing me to feel sick and want to throw up.he personally talked to my PCP and after stopping the medicine I felt great!. Two other GIs and my PCP had missed this. He was very well mannered. The old reviews surprise me this was not my experience.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I went to his office with extreme stomach pain,vomiting,hadn't selpt or ate for 48hrs.He felt stomach which was tender and distended.Couldn't determine problem.Sent me next door to kennestone to get cat scan.After waiting 8hrs to get the scan and results they said thet couldn't see anything wrong.They told me to go home.Pain was etreme couldn't sleep or eat vomited throughout the night.Wife called his office 1st thing in morning describing my serious condition.He wouldn't even get on the phone.The secretary told her to bring me in for some test that would take a day or 2 to get the results.We realised we were dealing with people who either didn't care or who couldn't grasp the gravity of the situation.We went to the emergency room.They put me on diludid and inserted a ng tube to relieve some of the pain.ER doctors ordered another scan.This time they saw something.They went in and removed a softball size tumor on my small intestine.I wasted precious time and endured extreme pain.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2008

Saw my wife in the hospital. He was rude, aggressive and would not let my wife consult other disciplines outside his own discipline of GI. An extremely bad experience with this doctor. He also claimed that he had not been told specific symptoms and yet they were part of her chart and the information taken during admission. Since he claimed he did not know about the symtom of abdomen pain, he didn't treat it. She was in hospital for 4 days and apart from daily blood they olnly did a single test - cat scan. Complete waste of money and time. To add insult to injury, he came up with diagnosis that is a convenient catch all and something he could not treat. He even admitted that a lot of patients end up with this diagnosis. This doctor is incompetent, aggressive and does not take the time and effort to do even basic research and tests.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008