Ratings for Dr. John M. Halwig

I was a patient of Dr. Halwig from 12/03 - 10/06 being diagnosed with allergies & asthma. I have NEVER smoked. I was never given a baseline chest xray. From the beginning I complained about a persistent cough. I was given numerous allergery shots and inhalers. Because my coughing and breathing were not improving I was prescribed more potent inhalers. At my 8/05 appt, he prescribed the Advair 500/50 inhaler. I asked if I should get a chest xray. He ignored my request. Because the 500/50 inhaler made my cough worst I could not use it. My last appt on 10/3/06 was very contentious. Since I had pain in my left chest area & had coughed up blood the week before, I insisted on having an xray. Dr. Halwig looked me straight in the face and said, "You have asthma", and tried to prescribed another inhaler and an oral medication called Singular(?). He left the room and the nurse gave me the referral for the xray. That was the beginning of my lung cancer journey.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr. John M. Halwig's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Douglasville, GA