Ratings for Dr. Stephen Furlong

I have had bad experiences with him and do not trust him. He currently has a restriction on his medical licence according the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador... look for yourself on their site. He will never look after me or my family.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

This man is a great physician. He has helped me through trying times and has a "bedside manner" second to none. When I had a scheduled 15 minute appointment some years ago, it was clear that I needed much longer than 15 minutes. His waiting room was full, yet he spent over an hour with me. Clearly this did not go over well with the people who were waiting to see him, however this display of understanding and concern for my health proved beyond a doubt that he is a dedicated and compassionate doctor and the same translates into the man that he is.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Overall an excellent and compassionate physicians.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Have had Dr Furlong as my family doctor I say 20 years has been up front and forthcoming with all aspects of his care towards me and my family,with a caring ear and straight shooting truthful medical knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

LOVE Dr. Furlong. I've been a patient for years and years. He regularly astounds me with his up-to-date medical knowledge and will do everything to get to the bottom of a problem. He is the most personable, friendly, gentle doctor on the planet.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I had a bad experience with Dr. Furlong over the years. He was dismissive of my complaints and I found his knowledge base lacking. I'm a young female and never felt comfortable around him. I'm with a family doctor now that is respectful, smart and comfortable to be around.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr Furlong has been my family doctor for 10 years. Very helpful if a but behind schedule.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

This quack should have his liscence revoked. He prescribes meds hand over fist and doesn't have the knowledge about them. My dad was on so many drugs, the HSC doctors were astonished. My sister was on such a potent drug, that had NOTHING to do with her illness, again the HSC doctors couldn't understand why he put her on it. She took weeks to detox from it. I went to him once, before I knew he was a quack, and during my pap he said something really strange. Ya... See ya later idiot. I only wish I could've persuaded my family to leave there sooner. He is a total quack. But go there if u need narcotics for no apparent reason.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Steve's for many years. I can't imagine going anywhere else for medical care. He is honest, friendly, caring and personable. He is very knowledgable and truly cares about his patients. Best doctor ever!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

My family and I are truly fortunate to be in Dr. Steve's care. He is honest, upfront and tells you the truth, may not be want you want to hear but what you NEED to hear. One the good ones out there. So happy my kids will grow up under his outstanding care.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015