Ratings for Dr. Andre Lamothe

I first met Dr. Lamothe in February, 2015 when I had Nasopharyngeal cancer and cancel was spreading to lymph nodes on both sides of the neck. I had Radiation and Chemo treatments and the cancel was gone. Though I did not have surgery that time, Dr. Lamothe or my oncologist check me every three months after my treatment. When I had radioactive otitis media (hearing loss due to radiation), Dr. Lamothe explained everything in detail, arranged a hearing test and performed small operation so that I have quality life again. Recently the tumor is back on my lymph node on one side of neck. Dr. Lamothe quickly arranged the surgery and performed a neck dissection. The surgery went very well. Dr. Lamothe is extremely busy. The next day after my surgery, he came to my inpatient room very later in the afternoon and told me that he had arranged the follow up appointment and will arrange discussion with my oncologists. Dr. Lamothe is fantastic. I am lucky to have him as my doctor. My wife and I are very thankful for his help in the these years.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Just met Dr Lamothe for the first time after receiving a cancer diagnosis, and he is FANTASTIC...took a lot of the scariness out of the experience, and I am thankful for his help.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I had a pituitary adenoma removed by Dr Lamothe and Dr Agbi. He is an excellent Doctor very kind and to me very skillful. I had the easiest recovery by following his instructions. In my opinion if your lucky enough to have him as your doctor your in excellent hands. I owe this man my life thank you Dr Lamothe

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Saw Dr. Lamothe a year ago on a referral. Diagnosed a tumour on the parotid gland. He did a biopsy and it was benign. I was away all winter, so the operation was early May. I found him courteous, informative and certainly knowledgeable. He explained the operation and the risks (to facial nerves). All in all I would recommend him highly. It might take some time for a non-urgent procedure, since he does a lot of cancer surgery which takes priority. As has been said, it is our lack of operating room time available for surgeons that is the problem. So, tumour is gone, benign diagnosis confirmed. Thank you, Dr. Lamothe!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

April 25,2014 I had vocal cord augementation surgery with Dr. Lamonth I can now speak with a normal voice and my breathing has improved. He provided me with all the necessary information required and took time to explain everything in detail. I would not hesitate to recommend him to someone. Jackie Cloutier

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Dr. Lamothe diagnosed my husband with throat cancer in 2006 and in 2013 he diagnosed me with throat cancer. He performed a neck dissection on my husband but I was fortunately able to avoid surgery. He is so knowledgeable and although extremely busy he has always taken the time to answer all of my questions. We trust him completely and consider him to be one of the best if not the best in his field.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

The wait is long at the Cancer Clinic at the General but not because of the doctors. They just don't have enough rooms for the doctors to use. I don't think he should be given a low rating for something that is beyond his control. The wait is short at his office. Dr. Lamothe is a fantastic doctor. He removed a cancer from my neck and couldn't have beeb better. When I went back to see him the following week he made sure that I had follow up appointments with my oncologists and that I knew what treatment I would be receiving for the neck cancer.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

He is a FANTASTIC doctor and I would recommend him to anyone!!!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Answers all questions. Had excellent results after surgery. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I just saw Dr. Lamothe for the first time, following up from and Acoustic Neuroma (benign tumour on the hearing nerve) I had removed in Toronto earlier this year. I'm now living in Ottawa and was referred here by my GP. He was very personable and knowledgable. The wait is long, but as others have stated, this is typical in any ON hospital or specialist's office. Our healthcare system is more to blame for this than the doctors. The doctors/surgeons are just as frustrated by this as the patients are, believe me. Do you think they're back there sipping on cocktails while you wait in their office?? Not likely...

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009