Ratings for Dr. Billy Wong

first, the waiting room times are really not great, staff is less than forthcoming with information about time delays which sucks when you have to miss a whole day at work for a 15 minute appointment. Second, the exam rooms are always cold. it's already unpleasant to have to strip down to nothing but your socks with only a paper sheet to cover up with but, to have to endure a chilly exam room for god only knows how long only makes it worse. Third, when the doc finally does show up, he's always rushed which makes me feel like I'm a nuisance and he tends to be, in my opinion, overly aggressive when he is examining your private bits. it makes for a painful experience. I have seen him on more than one occasion and while he has helped with my medical needs, it has always been more than uncomfortable and I do understand that he is a very busy doctor, but it might do some good to re-focus and take a relaxing breath before he walks into each exam room. It might also make for a more pleasant experience if the receptionists and nurses were a little more sensitive and understanding to those patients in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr Wong delivered both of my children. He is very knowledgeable, very confident, and cares for his patients. I really wanted a VBAC and he was one of the few doctors who would do it for me. He delivered my first child through an emergency c-section and I he did it perfectly (perfect incision, no complications, minimum pain afterwards - I did not even take my pain killers after the first 3 days). Dr Wong is also a good person and is devoted to his profession. I have seen him barely walking due to pain in his back and he was still working. In terms of due diligence he is also great. My first pregnancy had some complications, so he sent me to nearly 10 ultrasounds and all sorts of other tests that were necessary, to ensure that the baby was developing properly. He is not punctual, but who could be in his position. He is so busy and he is never just brushing off his patients. And last but not least, I find his nurse Sarah to be very professional and knowledgeable too. Thank you Dr Wong and staff for always doing your best!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

My wife is the a current patient now, the doctor is awesome but the nurse Sarah is awful. I was reading the following comment and I was thinking if my wife is has written this but she said she did not. But Sarah is not a great nurse to have unfortunately but we love the doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I am currently a patient with Dr. Wong. I like having him as my doctor. I agree that the wait times are insane. But his nurse Sarah seems to be arrogant and racist. She is rude to my partner if he wishes to come inside during the prelim. tests. She does not smile at all and always has a straight face while talking. She also does not follow up on the Dr's instructions to call and inform about the test results. The nurse Sarah is a real pain.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

The wait times for Dr. Wong were pretty long at times, but I would gladly wait to continue having him as my doctor. He was very patient an answered all questions without judgement. He was very knowledgeable and understanding. If you can get past the long wait times then I would definitely recommend him for expectant parents.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Very disorganized and Inefficient. The office is a mess with unsanitary conditions in the waiting area and washrooms. The young receptionists and nurses are arrogant and disrespectful-feels like a high school clique of bullies.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Best Doctor ever and by far, the man is a computer, it is one thing to know what you are doing but to attend to so many patients and so many labors and yet keep his cool and consistently answer to all your worries thoroughly is amazing. He is the best by far i would recommend him to my family and friends

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

The worst experience one can have to see a specialist.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Amazing Dr. obviously busy and wait times are long sometimes but its worth the time. There are not many drs with his passion and knowledge that I have met anyways! He takes your one question and answers five in that explanation. He is thorough and professional and gentle. Instinct will guide you if you let it and I always leave feeling taken care of.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Wong was missing in action during some of my pregnancy and for the delivery so I can't rely on him to be there for future pregnancies. They did not notify me of important blood test results that required immediate treatment and I went untreated for a period of time until a different clinic caught it and notified me. Each appointment during the pregnancy was basic and unremarkable. The Doctor asked how I was doing and asked if I had any questions. He checked my baby's heart rate. I had to wait several hours in the crowded, noisy, uncomfortable waiting room for every appointment and listen to his nurse and receptionist laughing and gossiping about patients and discussing the patient's confidential information. They were always rude. The phone lines were always busy every time I tried calling and I never got through but the staff never seemed to be on the phone when I was there. The washrooms are dirty and I was worried about getting sick from either the huge volume of people in the waiting room or the dirty washrooms. I just found my experience to be unprofessional and very different from any other medical care I've received elsewhere. I won't be going back there again!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr. Billy Wong's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "first, the waiting room times are really not great, staff is less than forthcoming with information about time delays which sucks when you have to miss a whole ..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong delivered both of my children. He is very knowledgeable, very confident, and cares for his patients. I really wanted a VBAC and he was one of the few do..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My wife is the a current patient now, the doctor is awesome but the nurse Sarah is awful. I was reading the following comment and I was thinking if my wife is h..."

January 17, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I am currently a patient with Dr. Wong. I like having him as my doctor. I agree that the wait times are insane. But his nurse Sarah seems to be arrogant and rac..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "The wait times for Dr. Wong were pretty long at times, but I would gladly wait to continue having him as my doctor. He was very patient an answered all question..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very disorganized and Inefficient. The office is a mess with unsanitary conditions in the waiting area and washrooms. The young receptionists and nurses are a..."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Best Doctor ever and by far, the man is a computer, it is one thing to know what you are doing but to attend to so many patients and so many labors and yet keep..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst experience one can have to see a specialist."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Dr. obviously busy and wait times are long sometimes but its worth the time. There are not many drs with his passion and knowledge that I have met anywa..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong was missing in action during some of my pregnancy and for the delivery so I can't rely on him to be there for future pregnancies. They did not notif..."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is not my Dr, I was there to see one of the other doctors but while waiting in the waiting room I listened to his receptionist and the other receptionists ta..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong put me and my baby in a dangerous position where I almost stroked out during my labour and had other complications. My baby and I were in severe distr..."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had 2 pregnancies with him and he is amazing. You will definitely have to spend some time in the waiting room as he attends 90% of labor he knows what..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Wong twice now. The first time was horrible and the second time was ok. I asked my family Dr. To send me to a new gynecologist but he didn't wan..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Usually had to wait at least 4 hours for each appointment. When I did see him, my appointment lasted about 5 minutes and consisted of him checking the baby's h..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He never listened to anything i would say. Was unable to explain nor answer the simplest questions. 0 bed side manner and his staff had the worst attitude n..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I can't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Wong is. He delivered 2/3 of my children, one by emergency C-Section at 2:00am. He also saved the life of my youngest..."

September 20, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "No doubt about his ability in removing my ovarian cyst..I was impressed the way he done it with a little cut. The only problem on him he doesn't fill up my disa..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Wong to be extremely knowledgable and caring. He was always able to easily and confidently answer all of my questions. I never felt like he rushed t..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong is the best. He's knowledgeable and through. Yes you have to wait sometimes but the nature of the type of doctor. He goes to deliver his patients babies..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This man is a pervert and should not be in this field. He spent a lot of time looking at my private parts. Stay away from him."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong delivered my first child and I will be seeing him again for my second child. I feel that he is highly knowledgable and I felt confident being in his ca..."

August 7, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5H 4B9". Address has been updated from "None" to "11010 101 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804140782".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong is a perfect doctor if you don't have any problems during your pregnancy and after the birth. He seems knowledgeable, however, I don't feel that he is ..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong is a fine gynaecologist when he's there, but expect to have to wait 3 hours after your scheduled appointment or to have to reschedule 4 times before he..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I did not like Dr. Wong , he spend half of the appointment playing with my breast them told me I am unable to breast feed. He talks super fast and does not let ..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I went in for my appt today and he was schedule for an emerg c section which i understood. My appt end up rescheduling....but when you go to the front desk......."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong is amazing. He is kind, gentle and thoughtful. He cares about the total wellbeing of his patients, unlike other doctors I have been to. He does not e..."

February 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Words can't explain how caring a doctor he is. Those who are whole are not in need of a physician. Truly, truly caring doctor."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Billy Wong is the most amazing doctor I have ever encountered. His knowledge is impeccable and he is so patient and really takes the time to address all of ..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome doctor! Worth the wait any day. And his staff are amazing!"

February 3, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Love this Dr and his staff !! I couldn't have asked for a better Dr"

February 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Dr. Wait time is long but definately worth the wait to have someone so genuine!!!!"

January 15, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He is an a__hole who nearly killed me in a minor operation and in the end did not get the material to test. I am now very ill and in another province receiving ..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Dr. After my surgery he made sure I was ok"

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Some patients are happy to be insulted, mimicked, degraded, judged and the works. After all, they've experienced far worse over the past 10 years and if you d..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctors (all doctors) make sacrifices everyday providing patient care. We thank you & We salute you. That said, I can't stand being a patient. Been a patient..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing! I had Dr. Wong for both of my high risk pregnancy's. He saved both of my son's. Without his knowledge and willingness to help me, I would have lost bot..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had a few sleepless nights already, so I thought I'd search for a message board and up came Dr. Wong's name. Let me just state that the below has absol..."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong was my OB/GYN for my first child, who is now six years old. Also, now with my second, who is due anytime now. I cannot speak highly enough of his care ..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have only seen Dr. Wong once, but he and his staff were excellent. I had been referred to him by my GP for my first pregnancy but suffered a miscarriage befor..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Very nice doctor,Over booked its rediculous the waiting waiting waiting I get parking tickets ,waiting 5 hours just to be told he had to go deliver a baby,sorry..."

November 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Super thoughtful, kind, considerate and capable doctor"

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply the best! Thank-you for giving our son a fighting chance, I would wait all day if I had too. Thank-you again for taking care of my son and me, and a huge..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong is just an amazing doctor! He is always running behind but that is expected, and his receptionist always advise you to call an hour before and they try ..."

September 21, 2014