Ratings for Dr. Jay A. Hammer

This doctor is very demeaning, rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Jay Hammer for several years. He was recommended to me by a co-worker and I have never regretted it. Dr. Jay is a chiropractor and a kinesiologist. I chose to go to him instead of a regular medical doctor because I felt much better when I left there than I ever had going to a regular medical doctor. He believes in eating healthy food and exercising. He has the ability to take x-rays, if needed. If you are looking to get the same experience as going to a doctor's office and sitting in the waiting room for 30 to 45 minutes waiting to see someone, don't go here because you will be seen by a nurse in 15 minutes or less! I have been served with hot tea and a biscuit many times as I waited to be seen. I always got a cheerful greeting when I arrived. I always feel I was visiting close friends or family when I go there . I recommend Dr. Jay and his staff whole heartedly.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

My ex-husband wanted to take my daughter to be treated by this "doctor". I wanted to know what his qualifications were (assuming he was holistic) so I called him on his 404-379-3317 number, as it was given to me. I asked if he was a doctor and what area of medicine does he practice. He did not give me a straight answer but said he treats the causes of medical conditions not the actual conditions. I ask him if he was qualified to treat the causes of cysts and tumors, not just migraines. He confirmed he is qualified and started inquiring about my daughters bowel movements and diet. Both which are regular and nutritionally balanced (even based on the ChooseMyPlate standard). He accused me of me saying I load my daughter with acid ( both me saying and doing this is untrue). At the end of the abusive conversation, he finally acknowledged he is a Certified Chiropractor. His play on words to sell his ideas and manipulate potential patients is gross. Immediately fter the call ended, his staff called back from the office line to tell me my daughters appointment has been canceled, as if I would bring her to see him. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I tried to give Dr. Hammer a chance because I did feel like he knew what he was talking about. But his bedside manner is not so great. He said himself he is narotic, but he can come off as egotistical and he can be a bit demeaning if you try to question him. I had great adjustments and treatments but I couldn't get past his personality. I often heard him belittling his staff and treating them like disobedient children. I have taken some of his suggestions and treatments and still use them until this day, but he was too overwhelming for me to continue with.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Very professional staff . Not only do they treat the problem they treat the source. If you can't handle be told and cured in the truth then enjoy suffering in the lies!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

The visit took too long, 1.5 hours plus. Jay wasted 15 minutes explaining how PRILOSEC (omeprazole) works, claiming it is a base that neutralizes acidity, like antacid. When I told him PRILOSEC is Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs), he tried to demean me by saying "you look like a smart person, you should know Prilosec is a base!" The staff is friendly but did not perform tasks at a professional capacity. They put substances in my mouth & nose without explanation. I had to stop them for explanation throughout my visit. They want me to take 2 unexplained pills, I left them on the table untouched. Jay became unpredictable yelling "I love you, I must meet your husband", and then volunteer information that his marriage failed due to lack of honesty. I am not convinced his chirocpractic adjustments was good enough for 2nd visit, the crazy behavior will keep me away. He keeps 2 dogs in his practice, I don't think it is appropriate in a healthcare environment, people might be allergic!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Very good visit. Would recommend to others. Great advice on eating, not main stream good to know.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011