Ratings for Dr. John J. Halperin

"Sometimes These Things Clear Themselves Up" was his response to my tests! I was expecting a lot more from the Medical Director. He filled my visit with useless talk and said "You Can Ask Questions Later" then we were out of time. Playing games with peoples lives!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Other doctor's dismissed me by saying there was not anything else they could do. Dr Halperin stayed with me offering new ideas and trying different medication combination. He is still there for me. He answers my e-mails in record breaking time. I have never had such easy access to a doctor. I am always thankful that I found him!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Took plenty of time to get my history and did a very exhaustive and careful neurological exam. However, his letter to my other doctor was littered errors--18 in all. And his "diagnosis" was so off the wall, it's comical!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr Halperin is basically useless. I sent a letter to my ins company asking they do not pay him. He is extremely closed minded and actually wrote a book about lyme that he knows nothing about. One day someone is going to sock him with a big malpractice suit. He cost me months of suffering

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Dr John Halperin happens to be the most condescending person that I've ever come into contact with. He had absolutely no knowledge of Lyme disease, which is why I was referred to him in the first place. After making me go through a sobriety test and flashing a light in my eyes, he diregarded any symptoms I had as 'in my head' and told me that all signs pointed to anxiety and depression. This couldn't be further from the truth and two weeks on I still await my blood results

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

This man is a victim of his own arrogance and ignorance. If Lyme is so easily cured, let him be infected, let it go untreated for several years, then see how well he is doing. He is not to be trusted, as he long ago lost any semblance of an open,curious mind.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

pleasant, referred me to the correct specialist.he was okay

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Dismissive and condescending. Without empathy or care.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I travelled from Canada to see this doctor, while he was still practicing on Long Island, NY. I suspected I might have Lyme disease. Was told by him that for all intents and puposes it was all in my head, that I was suffering from depression. Not long after, I found a Lyme-literate doctor who co-ordinated a test with the specialized tick-borne illness lab Igenex, and my results came back positive. I think unless you have had Lyme for 20+ years and have obvious lesions on the brain, this doctor will not be helpful in diagnosing.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006

Dr. John J. Halperin's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1975)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Summit, NJ