Ratings for Dr. James C. Hays

I had cataract surgery and I can see great! I put it off for too long should have done it sooner .

flag | Submitted July 5, 2019

My procedure was fast and easy, although the wait would have been a lot more pleasant had I not been freezing to death! However, one week out, my distance vision is very blurry. I called the clinic yesterday and was told someone would get back to me. No one did, yesterday or today!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2019

Dr. James C. Hays's response
We are thrilled to hear when a patient is pleased with their procedure. But we also appreciate the constructive feedback. We do our best to create a comfortable environment for our staff and patients and will take these comments into account going forward. We also want to be responsive to our patients’ needs and strive to return patient calls within 24 hours. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please contact our office with any further questions or concerns.

Submitted June 20, 2019

I am seeing very well this morning now that my pupils are returning to non-dilated state. Doctor Hays was efficient and caring.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

I had cataract surgery with dr. Hays with the laser for astigmatism correction. Surgery went real well. I can see perfectly the very next day. Dr. Hays was professional and his staff was also.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2019

Efficient, pleasant staff. Somewhat of an assembly line atmosphere but I understood why. Lots of people to help. Did not like being patronized by desk staff at surgery room calling me sweetheart. Thanks for helping me have a good experience AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2019

Dr. James C. Hays's response
It’s so encouraging when patients have good experiences. We do our best for our patients every day and love when that work pays off. In that vein, we apologize to any patient who felt put off by our staff’s language choices. That is certainly not our intention, as we want every patient to feel respected. We are implementing a policy on addressing patients to address these concerns. We invite anyone with questions to contact our office directly.

Submitted April 3, 2019

My overall experience was very good. I did have one bad issue with the first surgery prep. One of the young ladies was very rough while putting the drops in my right eye and very rough Trying to get the needle in my hand for the anesthesia. She tried 2 times and then another Young lady tried a third time and she got the needle into my hand. She did not take into consideration I was feeling the pain every time she stuck me. On my other visit the needle went right in when someone else did it.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

Dr. James C. Hays's response
Thanks so much for the kind words. Everyone at our office loves to hear about good experiences. We’re also eager for constructive feedback. We’re sorry for any patient who experienced roughness or unnecessary pain during a procedure. We deeply care for our patients and their comfort. Sometimes procedures may compromise that comfort. We apologize for that. Moreover, we appreciate feedback like this that helps us identify problems for correction.

Submitted April 1, 2019

Excellent. Precise information about what will occur and how long it will take and how to ensure recovery will produce a wonderful final result. Kudo's to all.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2019

Could not have asked for better results! My vision is better than it ever was.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2019

The staff was great through the entire procedure. Dr Hays did a terrific job.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2019

The first surgery was a but nerve racking, but the second was great. I thank you dr. Hays and his staff for everything.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

Dr. James C. Hays's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1977)