Ratings for Dr. Norman R. Wong

Dr Wong has been my family Dr for 15 years and my husband has been with him for over 20years there is nothing bad I can say about him He realy cares about us and makes sure my test results are ok I have had a few operations due to a car accident and he is on top of my other Dr's. I don't mind the wait as he double books, as for his staff Deb is amazing if you have a question or any concerns she is always willing to help. We love Dr Wong and hope he never retires, And is english is perfect......Nicola

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

dr potter has been my doctor for 32 years. he is a great doctor. he runs alittle late,, that's because he cares about us and takes the time to talk to us. dr potter is a people person and that makes him great in my eyes.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

I find it funny that the person commenting about a 'language barrier' appears to be semi-literate him/herself. Perhaps that is the problem. There is NO language barrier to worry about, except to someone who tries to hide his/her intolerance for an accent and lets it express itself in ratings like these. It's funny how these people also think they can comment on a Dr.'s knowledge and diagnoses. These people barely passed high school and feel they can assess a medical graduates knowledge. More likely they come with some vague problem, clog up the medical system and expect immediate and perfect answers to their probably-nothing cries for attention. I will admit that the wait times can be ridiculous. Dr. Wong is one of the few Dr.'s NOT afraid to push for blood work to rule out any serious problems. He cares for his patients and is friendly, current, knowledgable and tries daily to accomodate to all requests too see him. Patience is needed as is tolerance from both parties. Thanks.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Doctor Wong is really not a good doctor as he doesn't appear to have good listening skills in fully hearing you out before he starts writing out a prescription that never seems to help. He is a little too quick with the prescriptions before you are able to completely inform him of the different symptoms you are experiencing. Over the past few years I have stopped going to see him because of this as I find the doctors in the walk in clinics are much more helpful. Dr. Wong seems to be a nice person but a good doctor he is not!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

My doctor for life, so far 28 yrs. Super long wait times. If you show up late ppl booked after you will go in first. Cramped waiting room. No language issue however. Most things perscribed had no effect on me. Sees you from behind a desk which seems weird to me. I've had the same shoulder and ankle pain for about 10 years. He is quick to try new medications but they just don't work and it's hard to get in to see him to have things fixed. I am basically just living with my ailments and this has affected my and partners qualities of life.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

i miss my family doctor. i moved to calgary and he was my GP in london. He was very helpful and i could say he saved me from a lot of pain. i sure wished i could find a similar kind and helpful doctor like him here.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Always reviews previous visits,lab tests before talking to you.Very helpful re. current problem you have, quick to suggest practical solutions for me to consider.Stays current and up to date re. latest medications and techniques.All in all, i consider him a "good Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

Dr.Wong is always on time...it is his patients that need to go on and on that waste his time, as well as the time of others waiting to see Dr.Wong. He is an excellent doctor, always friendly and always taking a few seconds to make small talk to set a comfortable environment. Dr.Wong has excellent relationships with specialists in the London area and never hesitates to refer one if any doubts or concerns arise. The office is clean - I'm not sure if the unsanitary comment person prefers to sit on floors rather than chairs. Someone with the last name Wong may not be english-speaking first, this is obvious,however Dr.Wong is very clear and concise when providing consultations. I would not change doctors given the opportunity. I am very satisfied with the level of care provided by Dr.Wong.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

The wait times are rediculous. It is not rare to wait 2 hours to see the doctor. The waiting room is cramped and very unsanitary. There is a very strong language barier between the doctor and I. I find myself saying pardon multiple times resulting in me letting the statement go as not understood. I feel like I'm being rushed out of the office. I have often been diagnosed incorrectly and perscribed medication that didn't work. However, the appointment scheduling is very good. The doctor is open late.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

I have to agree with the wait times, they are ridiculous. I understand that Dr. Wong is busy, but does he have to overbook? When I talk to him I feel like I'm talking to a psychiatrist, he doesn't offer solutions, rather lets me figure it out for myself and gives me a prescription that won't work. He seems rushed and incomplete in his assessments. I find I have to research possible diagnoses on my own and offer suggestions as to what the cause may be which is usually cause for MORE bloodwork. His waiting room is cramped and unsanitary. Great place to go to get sick...also the kids toy's suck, they were around in 1971 when I was a kid and my kids are as unimpressed with them as I was at their age. That being said, when something is easily diagnosed, Dr. Wong is ALL over it. He has helped my parents and saved their lives through having the sense to guess that something wasn't right. I would say he is lucky more often than thorough.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007