Ratings for Dr. H. G. Mayr

Dr. Mayr was my trusted, reliable GP for 25 years. He was a man of admirable character and integrity, and he was an excellent doctor. I do not judge his actions in abruptly having to close his successful practice for personal medical reasons. I trust that whatever he was forced to deal with must have been very serious, and that if there could have been another way for him to withdraw, I am sure that he would have done so. Knowing him as many years as I have, I was much more worried and concerned about him than I was about not having a doctor myself -- although it was certainly inconvenient (no need to let "Green and McQueen" talk us into buying our old files. Doctors are smart enough to figure things out without previous records, and we have a basic outline of our own history to offer as well -- or our caregivers do, as the case may be). I miss Dr. Mayr very much, and I pray that he and his family are all okay; but I have a sad feeling that they may not entirely be ... love J.D.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Mayr for 30 yrs. and his father before that, i have been through a bowel resection due to cancer, prostate cancer, heart attack since /93, and now no Dr. and no records, I am 70 yrs. old and there is no money for to pay 200.00 for records, the least he could have done was let us pick up our records, I'm sure his nurse would have called and stayed on for a week or so.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007

Dr Mayr was my family physician for 30 years, my daughters for the past 6 in addition to my parents and all my cousins...in total there is now 11 of us out of a dr... Aside from his abrupt leaving...he was amazing, helpful and a genuinely good person...i have to think something rather tragic had to occur for him to up and leave the way he did..

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

Very unhappy with the way he left patients without help when he closed his practice abruptly.With shortage of doctors in London and surrounding area it is almost impossible to find one.We have been with him for almost 30 years.It was very shocking to read in the paper that he wouldn't be practicing anymore .It would've been nice to have an explanation of why.Maybe we would've understood a little more but we were left feeling frustrated and added to that the cost of retrieving our medical records which were only photocopies.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2007

From what I heard Dr Mayr abruptly closed his practice due to health reasons. I'm not sure how accurate this information is but it would explain why he wasn't very helpful the last couple times I visited him. I was being treated for an ongoing problem and was seeing him weekly just before he left and he really did leave his patients high and dry sort of speak. However prior to this I always found Dr Mayr to be helpful and compassionate. Needless to say I was devastated when I learned he closed his practice and didn't give his patients a chance to pick up their records. Instead he forwarded them to a holding company that will cost me $152 to obtain my records and I cannot afford to get them right now but desperately need them! I never would have expected this from a man who seemed to be honest and genuinely concerned about his patients. He will be missed.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2007

I have been a patient with Dr. Mayr for 25 years and he also assisted with the delivery of my children.. I was very saddened that he closed his practice with no notice what so ever. It would have been nice if we could have been able to pick up our medical records. Now we have to pay for our medical records...with a family of 3 + myself and a single parent I have to pay over $200.00 that is outrageous!!!.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2007

He shut down his practice and never bothered telling any of his patients.......Nice guy : (

flag | Submitted May 3, 2007

I would also like to know what happened to him. I really liked him as a doctor and am very upset he disappeared with no notice at all to his patients.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007

I understand Doctor Mayr is longer pratciing since April 19th 2007, does anyone know why. there was no advanced notice.Thanks

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007

Honestly cares about how we are feeling. Refers to specialists when necessary. Punctual and sincere.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007