Ratings for Dr. Ross F. Grumet

I have been seeing Dr. Grumet for 6 years now. Before him, I had seen countless psychiatrist that I didn't see eye-to-eye with. They always wanted me to try the medication that THEY wanted me to try. I had always done my research... And being an anorexic in recovery, I was afraid of medications making me gain weight. Dr. Grumet was very sympathetic to my fears and worries! That alone meant the world to me and gained my respect. He has ALWAYS listened to me and my concerns, & worked WITH me on a treatment plan that worked for us both! I first came to Dr. Grumet... Up & down (I am Bipolar, OCD, ADD, insomnia... Add infinitum! Lol) and for the last 3 years straight, I have FINALLYYYYY found my perfect medication cocktail! I have never been this stable or productive in my life!! I flourish in my job & also, my personal relationships... Especially between my husband and I! I thank GOD for Dr. Grumet!! He is the absolute BEST psychiatrist in ATLANTA in my personal opinion! I hope others get the chance to see him and experience the same healing that I have through him! Forever & always your biggest fan Dr. G!! Love, Amy!!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I had to wait forty minutes after my first appointment to see Dr. Grumet. To his credit, the initial appointment was scheduled for thirty minutes, but he ended up spending an hour with me. Like a lot of people have said, he's very knowledgable (and cultured), but his office is either disorganized or just completely overbooked - either way, I couldn't consider seeing him regularly. I wasn't able to get him on the phone, either. If you're looking for a good psychiatrist, don't mind a bit of a wait, and won't need to contact him in between appointments, then I think Dr. Grumet is a great choice. If, however, you're looking for someone to provide a more involved form of care, it's probably best to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

He was the first psychiatrist who was able to provide me with the correct combination of medications that have enabled me to have a much better quality of life. Yes, for several years his average wait time was an hour or more, but he has improved a lot in the past few years and now it seems to be about 15 - 30 mins. on avg. (Dr. Grumet always listens and is not one to constantly check his watch and cut you off mid-sentence when time is up - so sometimes the wait time is probably due to patients who want to tell him their life story at every session). If you want a doctor who is not afraid of suggesting/prescribing whatever medications in whatever dose until you find the one(s) that work for you and enable you to live a better life, then see him.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

He has been my Dr since 2005. for a several years I drove 1500 miles to keep him as my DR. not once has he ever suggested Klonipin or any meds from that class. I have found him to be an excellent Dr and his staff to be easy to work with.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

I was a first time patient. I had been waiting 30 minutes when another gentleman came in for an appointment. I was shocked when that person was called in BEFORE me. I then waited another 10 minutes before deciding that this was crap and left. Not only that, but they don't validate parking. How do you not do that in Atlanta? Ridiculous. I got to listen to the receptionist curse and **** about another patient. I even got to hear the nasty email she sent the patient read aloud. That was really nice. I finally decided to leave and when I told the guy he asked if I would like to reschedule to which I said absolutely not. He was then very rude to me. Even though I wanted to punch him, I was super nice to him and he still acted like a jerk and refused to say goodbye. I would stay away from these people

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

I am currently sitting in his office waiting room typing this if that gives you indication of my frustration with this medical professional. I have been known to wait 1.5 hours AFTER my APPOINTMENT time just to see him for 5 minutes. As a doctor, he is great, but it is overshadowed by the fact that I must take 2 hours of my day to see him. Also, they refuse to validate parking, so I'm paying for the additional time in the lot as well. I am looking for another doctor after this visit. I don't think I can handle the frustration again.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Grumet misdiagnosed me with ADHD, which was refuted by multiple superior doctors afteward. Benzos are his answer to any and all problems or medication complications a patient might have. Another dissatisfied former patient and my current psych dr confirmed that he has a city-wide reputation for handing out klonopin like candy, even among those who know him only by name.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I met with Dr. Grumet for the first time time this past week. His staff is very nice, professional, and the office is in a therapeutic setting. He has a lot of experience which you can find on his website. I am glad that I will have the experience to work with someone who has been in the field for so long with such a wide range of specialties and knowledge. I'm looking forward to getting to know him better while I work on myself and moving forward in the next year.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009