Ratings for Dr. Patrick Dooley

Dr. Dooley is a very committed family physician who has high standards and values. he is patient and kind and is very astute in his diagnosis. his commitment to seniors is incredible and still makes house visits. It is not about the money, he personally cares for each and every patient. His personality is hard not to like and children love him. If he has any doubts he refers patients on in a timely fashion. This page is for an opinion and free speech, he is not the physician for everyone but his patients love him. You are never rushed out the door and tackles personal problems not just medical problems. In this time of cut backs from the government he has remained an independent practitioner to provide freer service. He rarely misses office hours too.....highly recommend him ...he cared for my father with utmost respect and diligence. Thank you for your commitment.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Agree with others that he is nice guy, but I would never recommend him as a doctor. Not enough care and follow up. Sorry, but true in my experience - and I know I am not the only one. I am not sure about these other reviews cause they don't match up to my experience at all sad to say.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr. D is very sociable, but not very helpful as a physician. Not his father, that's for shure. Thankful that I switched to someone else, because I have been hearing about others not getting proper diagnosis or follow up. IT's quite a shame as we are such a small town, with limited options. Very nice guy, but not an effective doctor. Misses too many big diagnosises to be reliable.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Family member diagnosed with cancer, Dr's office did not call back to rebook a follow up. Incredibly dissapointed.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

I have had this doctor as long as i lived in Petawawa, and i always felt I was not being told everything. I always felt he was withholding information. Also when I became pregnant, and decided I was going to abort, he completely closed the books on me. He did not perform necessary tests or send for ultrasounds which were required by the clinic in Ottawa. Luckily, the Ottawa clinic accommodated me accordingly. I was very disappointed with the way he treated my decision.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Dr Dooley is an excellent physician. His patience and professionalism is above and beyong. He has been our family doctor for 15 years and I hope he will be for another 15!! Unfortunately he is too busy to take new clients so I cannot recommend him to anybody, we feel very fortunate to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

he will not fill out forms, trouble getting forms filled

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007

Dr Dooley has been my family doctor since I moved to this area 26 years ago and I think he is excellent. He is very thorough and listens to what you are saying without passing judgement. He has no problem refering you to specialists and does not prescribe pills unless you absolutely need them. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2007

I recently moved to BC and I had Dr. Dooley as my doctor since I was four. It is going to be hard to top is patience and knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2007

Dr. Dooley has been our family doctor for over 10 years. He knows our children well and has gone through some very hard times with us. He is very patient and gives you as much time as you need. He is very good with our children and will refer you to specialist without giving you a hard time like many doctors do. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006