Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth M. Ellis

Took my son to Dr. Ellis because his mother and I thought he was depressed. We visited with her from late spring to mid-fall. Dr Ellis would ask one of us a question, and while that person was answering the question she would constantly interrupt to pontificate. While we support an expert therapist making recommendations or arriving at conclusions, hers weren't particularly well informed and didn't seem to come as a result of truly listening to us as a family or my son as an individual. She wasn't willing or able (not sure which) to allow us to talk through our concerns as a family or when my son was alone with her. It was frustrating for us and, we noticed, for our son, who after a few visits seemed willing to open up and talk. She ruled out depression after the third visit. After about eight visits, we stopped seeing her as we three were frustrated with her "approach" to therapy. My son attempted suicide this past November. No blame- yet why didn't she see he was truly depressed?!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr Ellis has helped my family for nearly 5 years now. She has done an amazing job and is VERY well-respected in our community.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011